Conspiracy theory, putting together

1: The alleged reason why Coppell quit at City after just 33 days, and
2: The David James & Robbie Williams incident at the Q awards a few years ago,

....perhaps Coppell quit because of a something he couldn't swallow

right I've heard 1. but what is 2?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Are you having a laugh? TWO? Without checking, I'd say it's more like five!

go on then check.

1 - Man City
2 - Bristol
Possibly 3 - Reading, although sure he did state taken them as far as possible.

No idea what went on at Palace but think he relieved of his duties more than once

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Reading he resigned from after two or three years though, when they'd just been relegated. Most managers would have done the same. Hardly the same as quitting a job after only a few days or weeks.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Well I'm pretty sure he resigned at Brentford, Reading and Palace at least once (of the four times he was there). Plus there was us, although you're going to claim that one as being pushed of course. Ignoring people who want to go all Alistair Campbell with the figures, I reckon he's resigned SIX times. That is shocking, absolutely shocking for a 55 year old.

It's stupid rants like these that make you among the least respected posters on here. Coppell is a complex character, who you've reduced to a characature that even the Daily Star would be embarrassed about.

Why does he keep going back if he can't, for some reason, hack it. And let's face it they were hardly the biggest jobs in football that he walked away from............. Us, Palace, Reading, Bristol city????????

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well I'm pretty sure he resigned at Brentford, Reading and Palace at least once (of the four times he was there). Plus there was us, although you're going to claim that one as being pushed of course. Ignoring people who want to go all Alistair Campbell with the figures, I reckon he's resigned SIX times. That is shocking, absolutely shocking for a 55 year old.

Have you considered that he is so good that clubs didn't sack him, even after a bad season and that he didn't think he could do any more for these clubs, so resigned? I accept the two City's are blemishes on his cv, but his overall record is excellent. The fact that fans from most of the clubs he's managed still respect him speaks volumes imo.

An honourable man imo who was arguably the best manager that this club has had since I started watching them in 1975

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Have you considered that he is so good that clubs didn't sack him, even after a bad season and that he didn't think he could do any more for these clubs, so resigned? I accept the two City's are blemishes on his cv, but his overall record is excellent. The fact that fans from most of the clubs he's managed still respect him speaks volumes imo.

An honourable man imo who was arguably the best manager that this club has had since I started watching them in 1975

Well said

Yoda

English & European

Pretty sure Brentford, Reading & one of the Palace one's he was out of contract anyway. Not the same as resigning. As for us, as Edna said originally, left for another job.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Pretty sure Brentford, Reading & one of the Palace one's he was out of contract anyway. Not the same as resigning. As for us, as Edna said originally, left for another job.

I think that's right. Of more relevance perhaps is the number of times he's been sacked - maybe only once at Palace?? - which over the length of his career is a remarkably good record.

All the best to him, hope it's not some serious health issue which has caused this.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
BOTTLE JOB.

Good riddance to the prick. I hope he keeps to his word and never comes back.

What utter nonsence. Sorry but l loved Stevie Coppell, by far and away the most technically gifted manager we've ever had at the club in my time supporting them.

Yes, obviously it is a shame he has left Bristol City in the lurch so to speak, and we will probably never know the exact reasons why, but l for one think he will be a great loss to football.

R.I.P Steve Coppell

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

My feelings exactly.

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009
I wonder what Brizzle City fans are making of all this. The Gas though, will be pissing themselves over this.

Sad to see Coppell go. As others have said a great manager, but Bristol City fans are the biggest bunch of wingers and moaners in the land who think that they have a god given right to be in the Prem. They didn't deserve Coppell, that the club looks stupid now is a great laigh and will provide some solace for the Gas after they got stuffed by Poxford the other night.

As for boardroom politics at City - I don't think so. Steve Lansdown owns the club, runs the club, funds the club. What he says goes. What may have changed since SC was appointed is that Sainsbury's have had planning permission turned down for Ashton Gate, so a new ground looks some way off - sounds familiar ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here