Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Coppell RESIGNS!

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I wonder what Brizzle City fans are making of all this. The Gas though, will be pissing themselves over this.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Conspiracy theory, putting together

1: The alleged reason why Coppell quit at City after just 33 days, and
2: The David James & Robbie Williams incident at the Q awards a few years ago,

....perhaps Coppell quit because of a something he couldn't swallow

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Coppell is a very very odd Man.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Also it must be peak season in Bangkok in the girly bars.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How many jobs is this that Coppout has now resigned from? Jesus, if ever a bloke wasn't cut out for a pressured role it's him. I would politely suggest window cleaning or delivering newspapers as positions he could maybe hold his nerve in.

Your world is so black and white.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Technically brilliant, but with absolutely no interest (or ability) in boardroom politics. The problem being, the bigger the club, the bigger the politics. IMHO he'd be a brilliant No. 2 for a top club or national setup where he's shielded from having to explain himself.

That's the strange thing for me though. When he does explain himself, he is so eloquent. His interviews were always different to the usual cliched ridden garbage that most managers spout.
Gus, of course, is FLAIR in interviews.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How many jobs is this that Coppout has now resigned from? Jesus, if ever a bloke wasn't cut out for a pressured role it's him. I would politely suggest window cleaning or delivering newspapers as positions he could maybe hold his nerve in.

Without being pushed or to go to another job? Two. Hardly makes him a serial bottler IMHO. What's your problem with him? Did he drop St Michel or something? He did a decent job for us and seems like a good bloke, never mind his previous Palacr history.

Incidentally, what does it mean that he's retiring from management but still wants to be involved in football? How does that work??

galebs

Jan 28, 2008
Bexhill
Great manager always seemed to do well where ever he went (with a couple of exceptions ) can't all be good in Bristol . So here's my tribute
P A L, A C E,
Stevie Coppell's got VD,
With a nick, knack, paddywhack,
Give a dog a bone,
...Crystal Palace f*** off home...:albion1:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here