Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Coppell Poll

Is Coppell

• Total voters

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Micky Adams is an Albion legend. However his record after he left us has been mediocre. He also had a significant amount of money to spend in his first two seasons with us, when compared to Coppell, McGhee or even Taylor.

Coppell has won promotion and managed to keep reading in the Premiership and on a limited budget.

What you seem to be saying is that, a manager's ability is not as important as their affiliation with a rival club?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
relegated only due to a huge winless streak before he came in, built a team that sat proudly at top of the league when he left that went on to get promotion. Also played some good football when he was here

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not many other managers would have the balls to put out a reserve side against ManU in the cup and hope to keep his job. Smart kiddie that he is, he knows his priority is the Premiership. bit of a downer if you're a Reading fan hoping for a decent cup run tho eh? :lol:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
relegated only due to a huge winless streak before he came in, built a team that sat proudly at top of the league when he left that went on to get promotion. Also played some good football when he was here

Exactly - Coppell had to pick up the pieces from Hinshelwood. He did that and bought in Sidwell, Ingemarsson, Rodgers & Blackwell.

Had Coppell been in charge earlier on in the season, I'm certain we would not have gone down.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
The same Sidwell and Ingemarsson that he had no hesitation in nicking from under our noses and taking to Ding with him.
The man is an absolute legend

D

Deleted member 2719

I'm still waiting for someone to say exactly HOW Coppell did a "good job" here.
He achieved nothing.

That's exactly my point.

This thread is pointless as Albion legends have to do something for the Albion and Coppell has done nothing.

Perhaps a new thread should be started Alex Frutos Albion Legend or Seb Carole Albion legend or ..... or.....or....or....or....

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The same Sidwell and Ingemarsson that he had no hesitation in nicking from under our noses and taking to Ding with him.
The man is an absolute legend

He didn't "nick" either from us. Both were loan players and were not under contract with us.

The following season, we didn't offer Ingemarsson a contract so he stayed at the club he was contracted to(Wolves I think) and Sidwell was an Arsenal player.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
He didn't "nick" either from us. Both were loan players and were not under contract with us.

The following season, we didn't offer Ingemarsson a contract so he stayed at the club he was contracted to(Wolves I think) and Sidwell was an Arsenal player.

And didn't we bid for Sidwell? who then went to Reading.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Micky Adams is an Albion legend. However his record after he left us has been mediocre

He got lucky with buying Zamora.

He also had a significant amount of money to spend in his first two seasons with us, when compared to Coppell, McGhee or even Taylor

Brought Zamora for £100,000, sold for how much

Coppell has won promotion and managed to keep reading in the Premiership and on a limited budget

You what? Reading have a nice 24,000 seated stadium and a chairman who has £300 million pound in the bank, limited budget, worse than us? do behave.

What you seem to be saying is that, a manager's ability is not as important as their affiliation with a rival club?

Any manger can succeed with any club with foundation i.e., new seated stadium and rich chairman.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
What you mean like Huddersfield? or Leeds?

Any manger taking over Leeds with £90 million pounds debt has no chance. Do you think Coppell would of taken over at Leeds if given the chance? No chance, he choice Reading as they are in the black and have a chairman with a quarter of a billion quid in the bank and would get into the prem with that financial clout.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here