Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Coppell Poll

Is Coppell

• Total voters

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I don't think opinion is polarised, he did a good job at the club, but was ultimately unsuccessful in his first season, despite us being out of the bottom three with about 6 matches to go. When he left we were in a reasonable position. His best piece of work was to persuade Leon Knight to sign for us instead of QPR. For all Leon's many faults, without his goals that season we would not have been promoted.

So I think that the poll options are shit without at least a third option

Now added, but you could've done that yourself!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Cheers DP, however I am nowhere near getting splinters in my 6 O'clock on this one...in fact I can't even see the fence from my stand point!

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Cheers DP, however I am nowhere near getting splinters in my 6 O'clock on this one...in fact I can't even see the fence from my stand point!

Why do people feel more passionately about Steve Coppell than Peter Taylor, say? Both walked out, so did Micky Adams too. Adams is considered an Albion legend. Taylor took us up (albeit with Adams' team etc) but isn't considered a legend in the same way.

We'd (probably) have Coppell and Adams back in a shot but Taylor?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Why do people feel more passionately about Steve Coppell than Peter Taylor, say? Both walked out, so did Micky Adams too. Adams is considered an Albion legend. Taylor took us up (albeit with Adams' team etc) but isn't considered a legend in the same way.

We'd (probably) have Coppell and Adams back in a shot but Taylor?

Taylor falls into the same category as Coppell.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Taylor falls into the same category as Coppell.

If Wendy walked and Coppell wanted to rejoin, you WOULDN'T take him back?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Fair point DP, difficult to answer, I just felt that with SC at the helm we could go on and achieve more...he was a very good coach, guess timing is everything but I figured that PT and MA had probably reached their ceiling.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I was gutted when he walked out on us to go to Reading, the only time I have ever felt anywhere near that bad was when Cattlin left, most of the time my feeling has been that a change of leader would be a good thing. If I live till I am 108 I am pretty sure that I will still look back, assuming alzheimers hasn't set in by then, on the time SC was our manager as a good time in the history of our club.

Completely agree and I'm sure that had we have not needed the money Reading gave us in compensation and we were playing at Falmer that he would now be leading us out in the premiership!

D

Deleted member 2719

Albion Legend.

I think there are a few people on here who have been lunchtime drinking.

:nono::nono::nono::nono:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Of course.
Adams actually did something of note while he was here.

Taylor ALSO took us up. Would you take HIM back?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
top bloke quality manager but not quite a legend was not here near enough to be considered a legend.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If Wilkins is not a success would take back all 3 without a shot, IF wilkins is not a success. All did great jobs when they were here

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
How he can be regarded as an Albion legend is beyond me. What did he achieve here? f*** ALL.

We got relegated when he left. It seems hundreds of Palarse vermin have infiltrated this site and posted that he’s a legend only because under his guidance we got relegated just to piss us off.

He’s no hero but scum, didn’t get us promoted but relegated as he left as he thought we was going no where. Bloody palace cock.

Hope Reading get relegated.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
If Wilkins is not a success would take back all 3 without a shot, IF wilkins is not a success. All did great jobs when they were here

I'm still waiting for someone to say exactly HOW Coppell did a "good job" here.
He achieved nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here