Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Bruce Said That This Man RAN The Show

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Calm down! The name came about when he was fat. Now we all recognise what an important player he is. I will continue to call him Fat Nav, not because I think he is rubbish but because I like the name. You were one of many on here who thought he was crap to begin with, so stop with all this Navarro is my favourite player anyone who disagrees is a 'nuptie'(?) nonsense.
Simple really. People slating him near the start of the season were correct, as were those in the 2nd half of the season who praised him..
I agree with these things.

I do actually think he became a bit overrated by the end of the season though. :lol: People went from one extreme to the other, probably because he was so unbelievably dire to start with that once he was playing quite well it seemed much better than it was.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well some people were painting him as the new Zidane towards the end of the season.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Simple really. People slating him near the start of the season were correct, as were those in the 2nd half of the season who praised him.

Stevie Wonder could see he had no pre-season. What was wrong with simply giving him the benefit of the doubt as he also had to settle into a new area.

I can't see that slating him was the correct thing to do.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I agree with these things.

I do actually think he became a bit overrated by the end of the season though. :lol: People went from one extreme to the other, probably because he was so unbelievably dire to start with that once he was playing quite well it seemed much better than it was.

Also he looked very, very good in comparison with Arismendi who replaced him in some games toward the end of the season. This may explain the 'hype'.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
I still don't like him.

Not that he doesn't play well or anything, although I've never see more than a 7/10, I just dislike him, in general. It's strange. I want to like him, but I can't.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Stevie Wonder could see he had no pre-season. What was wrong with simply giving him the benefit of the doubt as he also had to settle into a new area.

I can't see that slating him was the correct thing to do.

OK well...not "slating him" perhaps as I'm not a big fan of getting massively on any player's back. But he was playing UTTER toilet.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I still don't like him.

Not that he doesn't play well or anything, although I've never see more than a 7/10, I just dislike him, in general. It's strange. I want to like him, but I can't.

You must've seen that some of his distribution towards the end of the season was SUPERB, no?

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
You must've seen that some of his distribution towards the end of the season was SUPERB, no?

Well, no!

I'm not saying his crap, 90% of people can't be wrong, but I seem to be blind and full of anger when it comes to him :lolol:

And I only missed a handful of games over the entire season, so I have seen him play almost every time :p

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
As i have said before.
Players like Navarro are only noticed when they are not on the team. You really miss them when they are injured.

Great player :thumbsup:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I like "adopt" a player for the seaon and back them to the high hill despite great shitness in some games. Im sure others do it. It seems NSC are more likely to pick the weak link, slagging off that player and people jumping on the band waggon.

I have adopted Waldo Ponce in the World Cup. Navarro and Calderon last season, and Jimmy Mac before that

Brettles - I think this deserves its own thread.....

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
im picking sexy pete as my favourite player, and will naturally be ignoring every mistake he makes (of which i expect there to be about 10) and championing every average game as proof that he deserves an international call up

Feb 14, 2010
Fair play to all the albion players but the sunderland players were using it for fitness and trying not to get injured, just like albion were doing against burgess hill

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here