Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Dobbie

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Since there was an agreed CVA I believe it is technically the same Crystal Palace, under different ownership (CPFC2010). If we had been liquidated, and the assets bought by CPFC2010 and used to form a new 'Crystal Palace' then it would be a new entity. Though I think Glasgow Rangers fans might argue it was still the same club.

Is the correct answer.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
Here's the list of 1651 of the poor victims from the last one IHTH.
http://195.171.95.190/portal/ice/finalReports/2862010141671.pdf

I know it well. I also know you don't, which is why you've had to desperately evade when asked who we stole £40m from.

In the interests of fairness I should say that we have Palace fans who know nothing in regards to the situation that caused you to lose your ground, and make themselves look as stupid as you when trying to discuss it, so you're not alone :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's a hell of a good fee

BUT if he hadn't gone to Palace they might not have made the play offs and the world would look a rosier place right now.

bucky777

May 20, 2013
Great fee, if true, for a lazy wanker but played a good role to get them up. Swings and roundabouts really. Not fussed either way hardly any bragging rights for either party on this one.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
HAHA YES THE JOKE SURE IS ON PALACE!!!!

Did you lot forget they are looking forward to a season in the premier league, Mourinho, Manchester Utd and city, Chelsea home and away etc etc and we're gearing up for Bournemouth Barnsley and Yeovil?

I'm 99% certain they couldn't give a flying fukc.
Couldn't put it any better .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
It's a hell of a good fee

BUT if he hadn't gone to Palace they might not have made the play offs and the world would look a rosier place right now.

Yep dobbie made a telling contribution towards us getting in the play offs . If it is £750-850 well I think it's money we'll spent . It might soften the blow of losing Glenn for nothing .

It will be quite entertaining seeing Palace p*ss their windfall up the wall. They really will be the Mickey Carroll of the Premiership.:)

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
It will be quite entertaining seeing Palace p*ss their windfall up the wall. They really will be the Mickey Carroll of the Premiership.:)

Won't be so entertaining for you if we make a bid for Bridcutt though will it? Face it, all your best players are off, the rat's are well and truely leaving the sinking ship :lol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Looking forward to seeing Dobbie tear up the Prem.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Anyone know (roughly) how much he was on at Brighton?

Well you're paying (according to most people) 350k plus the wages he was on whilst with us equalling 850k. This means his wages must have been 500k. Not sure how true this can be though as he was only with us 5 months (31st August - 31st January). That makes it 25k a week

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Simple fact is none of us actually know and the assumptions are usually wide of the mark. People on here were claiming Murray at the time was on 14k a week with us (in his first contract) and that one was deifnitely wide of the mark.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
You're talking to the wrong guy about the PL here.

It's a pile of uninteresting shit, from start to finish. Maybe you're just to thick to realise that?

I agree with this. It's shit. Dull league where you know roughly where most clubs will finish before it starts, and only a handful have any chance of winning it. Compare that to the championship - loads of teams were potential champions, and we went up having been relegation favourites. Any team could beat any team. Way way better league.

I'm still glad we went up, as the money will help secure us for many years and hopefully see us start to develop Selhurst, but I wish the Premier League was scrapped, we had one football league, and the money was shared more fairly with the lower league clubs.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I agree with this. It's shit. Dull league where you know roughly where most clubs will finish before it starts, and only a handful have any chance of winning it. Compare that to the championship - loads of teams were potential champions, and we went up having been relegation favourites. Any team could beat any team. Way way better league.

I'm still glad we went up, as the money will help secure us for many years and hopefully see us start to develop Selhurst, but I wish the Premier League was scrapped, we had one football league, and the money was shared more fairly with the lower league clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here