Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Staying up all night for Election results?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Up for work at 4am Friday so I'll probably catch the end if not the start.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
What an end to the week ...

Up all Thursday night to watch election (love it, always stay up) and sleep 7 a.m. - noon Friday. Noon Friday drive to Manchester, via Nottingham, to drop the boys of at the grandparents.

Weekend in Manchester plus seeing Peter Kay ... with special thanks to a Mr Dick Turpin on ebay!

Tim

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
I will be, all night until I have to go to work in the morning.

No-one will notice if I fall asleep at my desk and I think the excitement of a shock Lib Dem majority might just keep me going anyway.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Who else will be staying up all night Thursday / Friday morning to watch how the Election gradually unfolds?

Personally, I can't wait. I love it - every second of it.
us too.

we throw an election party every time round with a bunch of friends and have drinking games dependent on the next party who wins a seat etc. looking forward to it this year. was just thinking about the food and drinks and what we had last time and realised we've had five kids since the last all night election party, doesn't seem all that long ago.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I have to get to work the next day at 7.45am so might try to stay up to 2am.

I know this is sad but if I have to work next day I tend to sleep from 6 p.m. to 1 a.m. and then get through the next day, just an idea works for me!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
WFH Friday so yes, I probaly will. Or at least until a WINNER is declared.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I love election night so will stay for quite a bit.

I'll wait until Brighton's declared.

An old friend of mine is standing in Newcastle so I'll wait to see if she gets elected but I think that's normally quite an early seat to be declared so that shouldn't keep me too long.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The best election night I had was at the Dome in 1974 (the first one I think). Watching the results coming in - there was a large NF coningent - including a couple of idiots from school. There was an electric atmosphere.

I will try and stay up. I am supposed to be going for a few pints in Lewes that evening. I may have to pass to stay awake.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I will probably go to bed when I get home from work, then wake up at 1am and watch through

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yep, this will be an historic night, it will be nice to see some big names in the Labour party bite the dust. I'm also interested to see how soon after the outcome is known Brown does the right thing and walks.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yep, this will be an historic night, it will be nice to see some big names in the Labour party bite the dust. I'm also interested to see how soon after the outcome is known Brown does the right thing and walks.

Why do you think some big names will bite the dust Pav? There would have to be a massive Tory swing to unseat most of the cabinet members - and that's not suggested by the opinion polls.

It's true that Jacqui Smith will certainly go and possibly Charles Clarke, but are these big names any more.

Do you know something we don't?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here