Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Staying up all night for Election results?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Who else will be staying up all night Thursday / Friday morning to watch how the Election gradually unfolds?

Personally, I can't wait. I love it - every second of it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Probably not all night, but likely until around 3am to get a good idea on how things are panning out. Depends how things are looking, if it's a close as polls suggest then I may not be able to leave the sofa!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I want to but I'm terrible at work if I don't get enough sleep. The new channel 4 programme sounds like it'll be good too. Don't know what to do.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I have to get to work the next day at 7.45am so might try to stay up to 2am.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I will probably be up all night finishing my dissertation for Friday morning so will have it on in the background

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I remember 1992 , when I was all prepared to toast a new Labour government until the result came in from Basildon and the inconsolable news that voters had changed their minds at the polling booth and switched back to the Conservatives. I will probably stay up until about 2am as I normally do unlike 1997 when it was a wonderful all night session in front of the TV.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
all night for me, never miss it, saddo that i am.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
shall be watching, unsure what channel as yet however?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Probably not all night, but certainly till around 4 am when it should be clear how things are looking, then a few hours of kip before getting up to watch the breakfast news.

I have done this at every election since 97 and love the drama of it, especially the Portillo moments...think we should get a fair dose of that this time round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here