Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stayaway Fans

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Performance must be low when I am now considering going to London or Portsmouth to see an enjoyable match,I have never thought of this possibility in the past.I just do not see any possibility of an improvement.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Performance must be low when I am now considering going to London or Portsmouth to see an enjoyable match,I have never thought of this possibility in the past.I just do not see any possibility of an improvement.

You lack imagination. Hinsh and Lynch to come back. And investors in the offing. I can't wait.

D

Deleted User X18H

Good thread.

I go because I support Brighton and Hove Albion, a club who, through no fault of their own, are forced to play in a substandard stadium which limits the amount of revenue they make ofr the playing budget, and has no atmosphere because we are all sitting in the open air in temporary seating with away fans - who lets face it- you need for a decent atmosphere, a dot on the horizon.

If I stopped going, like the majority of those I used to go with, and every body else decided top punish the club for its circumstances, then the club would die and we could all go off and support Palace.
:clap::clap::clap:.............what i've been saying all along.

D

Deleted User X18H

Where are you from??

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Yesterday summed it up for me another professional display which will see us safe in this division but when you take a step back from it the squad and style of our play is hardly 'bums on seats' football which will need to be addressed as Falmer nears if we are to stand any chance of filling it.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
One thing that no-one has mentioned is the other attendances in this division!

On the odd occation that I look at all the other results in the Argus, we have by no means the worst attendances in this league! Id say that 5000 is about average for League 1 at the moment!

Maybe dropping the price to £15 might get a few hundred more people to come and watch but its not going to turn us into a club like Leeds and Millwall who get big gates in this league!

Im not saying that the Prices are ok, because paying £25 is the main reason that I dont want to go, but i also dont think it would make that much of a diffrence if you dropped them!

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
I'm now a stayaway fan. I went from being a season ticket holder for a number of years, to just going to nearly all of the matches, I then became someone who went to every other game and now I'm a six or seven games a season man.

My reasons for staying away are:

- Withdean - I really f***ing hate the place
- Cost - 20 odd quid for third tier football!?
- Poor football - make that shit third tier football

The most important is the final one, if we were playing some decent stuff I would go no matter what. But as it is, its £25 for a shit seat in a shit stadium for some shit football.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The most important is the final one, if we were playing some decent stuff I would go no matter what. But as it is, its £25 for a shit seat in a shit stadium for some shit football.

So how will you know when we start playing decent stuff again? Rely on someone telling you, read about it here?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Trying not to be judgemental, but it's a good job we don't all stop attending when the going gets tough.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
I sit in Block V. I must have had no more than six people for company yesterday. With Leeds coming to Withdean in a fortnight, in terms of spare seats, the club might have given priority for that game to people with a ticket stub for the Bristol Rovers game. Doing so would have boosted the attendance yesterday.

bondray

Feb 11, 2006
Yes but with greatest respect that's Barnet in the JPT, few people want to watch that.

I wouldn't even call those prices cheap for that game, it's only a few years ago that those prices would have been the average for a league game.

it may be only barnet but it will cost me double to get there but it will be worth it so my dauther can see the team and air her lungs , and yes this will be our first game this season cant afford it that is of course i can get a ticket as i do not live close

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
They forecast rain for Tuesday. Think I'll stay home.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I sit in Block V. I must have had no more than six people for company yesterday. With Leeds coming to Withdean in a fortnight, in terms of spare seats, the club might have given priority for that game to people with a ticket stub for the Bristol Rovers game. Doing so would have boosted the attendance yesterday.
They did a three match package, where you get a Leeds ticket as well as yesterday's match and the Luton game - that was probably one of the reasons why the attendance was up a bit on recent games.

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
Trying not to be judgemental, but it's a good job we don't all stop attending when the going gets tough.

Or to look at it another way, if everyone stopped going then they might do something about the reasons for people not going. Lower the prices, let us stand, give us what we want.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Or to look at it another way, if everyone stopped going then they might do something about the reasons for people not going. Lower the prices, let us stand, give us what we want.

How can they do that? The overheads are just the same so lack of gate money will see the club fold. Standing is dealt with by government legislation and until that changes there is nothing the club can do about it.

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
I don't think it's just a Brighton issue though, although our ticket prices are even more extortionate than both. But if fans all over the country stopped going in droves, clubs would do something about it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
They forecast rain for Tuesday. Think I'll stay home.
Doug

You take a very simplistic view of all of this.

There are a million and one reasons why people do not go at the moment. To make a trite comment like yours above is rediculous as that is exactly what has happened to supporters watching every single club in this country, the difference being if it rains, unlike 99.9% of clubs, we do not sit in covered accomadation, therefore the choice of watching shite football in a shite stadium and getting wet in the process may not be appealing to them self same fans.

Instead of constantly carping on about stayaway fans, as does HB&B etc etc, perhaps you should see the other point of view and appreciate that this club is not attractive at the moment.

When Falmer comes on stream, there will be a groundswell of support return to the club and all will be fine and rosy...until then, I suggest the club will have to revise its forecasts and put up with gates of around the 4500 to 5000 mark. If that means we have to dig deeper in the directors pockets or the banks goodwill to support the day to day, then that is how it must be, but to constantly harangue and badger people for not going is getting very tedious.

BTW Out of choice, not playing other sports or holidays I am not going on Tuesday. I cant be arsed after saturday's performance. If that makes me one of your pet "bad fans" then so be it!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Gave it another try yesterday, it was GASH and a waste of money and did nothing to encourage me to want to pay to go back there for a while... However, all FREE tickets gratefully received...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Dave. are you going to wear that Leeds shirt you wore on Saturday on the 20th?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dave. are you going to wear that Leeds shirt you wore on Saturday on the 20th?

That'll be the England Shirt I wore WITH PRIDE:drink::drink::drink:

I wouldnt be buried in a leeds shirt. I may wear my hudds shirt, cos I am brave like that

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here