Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stayaway Fans

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
after 7 seasons being a STH, I've jacked in as I hate Withers with a passion. I've been to 2 home games this season, and I'll be in the family stand this sat with my daughter, and no doubt I'll be there for a few more but no amount of concession/marketing will make me buy another st @ withers. I could be tempted if I could watch a team with passion and spirit and be allowed to match their spirit with mine. Unfortunately we have too many flask and rug "fans" who moan about anything and everything and know absolutely jack shit about football who've helped destroy what little atmosphere there was, them and over the top stewarding....

totally agree, been twice this season in the north stand and almost got booted out both times for making too much noise- f***ing nazi w@nker stewards.

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
Look at the prices for the Barnett match. £ 10 or £12 pounds I think yet bet they have not sold thay many tickets. I don't buy this too high price reason. It's about entertainment. If we were in the top 3 playing attractive football folk would turn up. Let's face under McGhee and Wilkins it's hardly been a festval of attacking football.

Having said that there are always those of us who will attend come what may and why I am a STH. I stll think that being there is better than shopping, gardening, DIY or listening on the radio.

Yes but with greatest respect that's Barnet in the JPT, few people want to watch that.

I wouldn't even call those prices cheap for that game, it's only a few years ago that those prices would have been the average for a league game.

Unfortunately we have too many flask and rug "fans" who moan about anything and everything and know absolutely jack shit about football who've helped destroy what little atmosphere there was,

What a load of nonsense. Also, these 'rug and flask fans' are there for EVERY game and don't look for any feeble excuse to stay away. In fact, they probably made up the majority of the crowd for 2 years at Gillingham. As for trying to blame them for destroying the Withdean atmosphere-I suggest you cast your gaze on the team because if they serve up regular helpings of crap there'll be no atmosphere-even if you ban the scarfers.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Also consider the current economic situation - interest rates up, predicted blood bath on the high street with retailing, numerous people in debt so what goes first ?

Luxuries like BHAFC

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Look at the prices for the Barnett match. £ 10 or £12 pounds I think yet bet they have not sold thay many tickets. I don't buy this too high price reason. It's about entertainment. If we were in the top 3 playing attractive football folk would turn up.

I was going to say the same thing.
I was offering Ned's ticket free for this Saturday and only three people contacted me.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
If the product was right then people will come!
Just look at reading, wigan and middlesbrough, i can remember them playing to crowds under 5k. Build a good stadium and put a winning team on the pitch and people will come.Its only the die-hards who will part with £25 to sit miles from the pitch in all weather conditions to watch crap!

Paying £75 for a 330 mile round trip to sit in the rain surrounded by a load of moaning bastards who complain when you stand up to watch frustrating football just got to much. If I lived in BrightonI like to think it would be diferrent but I'm not sure, Withdean is bloody 'orrible.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
What a load of nonsense. Also, these 'rug and flask fans' are there for EVERY game and don't look for any feeble excuse to stay away. In fact, they probably made up the majority of the crowd for 2 years at Gillingham. As for trying to blame them for destroying the Withdean atmosphere-I suggest you cast your gaze on the team because if they serve up regular helpings of crap there'll be no atmosphere-even if you ban the scarfers.

:clap2::clap2:

Took the words right out of my mouth

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
I like the idea of Bradford City, they made season tickets something like £120, but only if a certain number of people signed up. Be good if we could do something like this, would get attendances up massively, and wouldn't really lose money.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I like the idea of Bradford City, they made season tickets something like £120, but only if a certain number of people signed up. Be good if we could do something like this, would get attendances up massively, and wouldn't really lose money.

So do I but it really would be a step too far for our Commercial people at BHAFC

challengechappers

Sep 14, 2005
have

to agree with the opinion that we haven't had a large support for many years. my first season '87 i remember the arsenal game being a big crowd (27k+) but the gooners had all the east stand. other than that i don't remember many big crowds since. falmer will only be 8-10k for quite a few seasons unless cheap tix.

eastie

Jul 24, 2007
I used to go to football regularly watching Brighton but coming from Eastbourne the travel costs and the prices at Withdean ,I have been priced out .
It costs around £40 for the day , cant afford it and now watch Eastbourne Borough for £9.50 on my doorstep. Plus I like to stand up and watch a match and not sit in those crappy uncovered stands.
I know of a lot of people that have stopped supporting Brighton and are now watching teams lower down the pyramid. Lewes and Crawley are teams that possibly have gained a few as well.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
interest rate rises = 2 kids needing food, clothes and shelter + no pay rise for 2 years + petrol and council tax and gasand electric prices risng.

What you gonna do? cut down on beer (the albion) or the kids new gear. Not such a big decison when your 43

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
interest rate rises = 2 kids needing food, clothes and shelter + no pay rise for 2 years + petrol and council tax and gasand electric prices risng.

What you gonna do? cut down on beer (the albion) or the kids new gear. Not such a big decison when your 43

Exactly it is very expensive football these day, paid around £900 for 1 adult and 2 kids season tickets.

Annoys me though when all other league clubs manage to do very cheap child season tickets

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Pedant alert. We did not take 30,000 to Cardiff.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove

Jesus Stinky Kat, you are my long lost twin brother in every respect even down to your signature!!

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
after 7 seasons being a STH, I've jacked in as I hate Withers with a passion. I've been to 2 home games this season, and I'll be in the family stand this sat with my daughter, and no doubt I'll be there for a few more but no amount of concession/marketing will make me buy another st @ withers. I could be tempted if I could watch a team with passion and spirit and be allowed to match their spirit with mine. Unfortunately we have too many flask and rug "fans" who moan about anything and everything and know absolutely jack shit about football who've helped destroy what little atmosphere there was, them and over the top stewarding....

Think that about sums it up for about 10000 people. Falmer will see all the stay aways come back where they can watch football with like minded people and not the flask and rug brigade mentioned.

D

Deleted User X18H

Now listen to me Unameable, you can not come on here preaching about NSCER'S not going to Withdean, its not as if they are all on here on home match days banging on about how many times they went to Gillingham or own Peter Sudaby's match day sock is it its just not on, a lot of people can't get to The Withers cos Fantasy Island's on UKTV Gold for instance or they have to sort their recycling out .....so come on be fair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here