Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Starmer v Sunak *** Official Match Thread ***

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Surprising. Would of put it at 70-30 Sunak
It suggests after the last few years people aren’t as impressed by flashy shouty nonsense as they used to be. Can’t think who might have turned them off that sort of thing…

Boris Johnson Thumbs Up GIF by GIPHY News

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Being *subjective both were crap but Starmer more so.

I genuinely don't like Sunak but he was far more polished in his presentation and had Starmer on the back foot more than the other way round.

Will it makes any difference? No. After manifestos move the news cycle and on reflection Starmer will learn from it and people will forget it as other debates happen.

Farage the pound shop Enoch Powell is going to roast the pair of them in a TV debate.
Says all you need to know about TV debates. Stars in their eyes. Rollerball. And *corrected for you :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why can't someone point out to Sunak - WHAT WAS THE ALTERNATIVE? Not operating the furlough? That would have ended well. All rich countries were doing some sort of furlough. It wasn't his idea.

What was his idea was 'Eat out to Help out' which resulted in thousand more covid deaths and another lockdown. He didn't design it to kill people but Rishi Sunak is a terrible human being.

I think we acted first. And it wasn’t the go to policy, there was barely a precedent in history.

UK lockdown announced one day, Furlough the next day.

Many disagreed with it btw eg pandemic deniers, the right wing, anti tax alliances, small government weirdo’s.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not you again ,im seriously thinking you might be stalking me
I can give you a punctuation lesson if you are a self-improver.

Now, where was I on my musings about a fitness to vote test....hmmmm....???

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That, for me, was a draw and Rishi needed all 3 points.

It seemed to me that the producers had a word with Etchingham at half time and told her to let it flow a bit better. Second half was an easier watch than the first.

I think Rishi did as well as he possibly could but it is obvious he was under instruction to tell viewers you can't trust Labour on tax, even if there isn't any evidence tax will riise under Labour for ordinary people.

I think the winners tonight were the Lib Dems and Reform UK. After watching that voters may be more receptive to listening to other options.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Personally I think we’d learn far more from a 1v1 interview with a proper political journo (whoever is Paxman these days, Emily Maitlis?) to press them on the actual issues without a lot of squabbling, but that’s probably not good telly

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I watched D-Day the unheard tapes on iPlayer instead, a far better use of my time. I saw one clip of Starmer boasting about how Sunak is letting too many immigrants in and am happy with my choice to watch something with more substance.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Personally I think we’d learn far more from a 1v1 interview with a proper political journo (whoever is Paxman these days, Emily Maitlis?) to press them on the actual issues without a lot of squabbling, but that’s probably not good telly
Indeed.
One of the punters was keen to explain future aspirations, the other keen to dwell upon yesterday and parents' occupations.
Maitlis would sort it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here