Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Starmer v Sunak *** Official Match Thread ***

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
draw, judges couldn't be arse to score because both just flailing without landing much. ref poor. short answer limit poor.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I hate him but Sunak won that. Be interesting to see if it makes any difference.
In the context of the format they both had to work with, he was head and shoulders ahead of Starmer.

Like an aggressive courtroom lawyer being told to stop by the judge, he just kept going to ensure the "jury" got to hear his point.

Beyond that, just a far more polished and confident speaker.

None of this matters of course, which Starmer and Labour must be thankful for. I imagine they'll be doing their best to get out of doing any more of these,

I hate him but Sunak won that. Be interesting to see if it makes any difference.
It won’t - most people already know Starmer is a wooden block of weirdness, but there is no way the Tories aren’t getting slaughtered. The fun will come after the election when absolutely nothing changes

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
What worries me is my recollection of the 1985 Prince Of Wales Stakes, there were only 4 runners and the two market leaders (Comanche Run and Pebbles) were so focused on each other that the outsider Bob Back pissed up at 33/1

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Fans deserve a refund. Presented with two lying individuals who lack vision.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Apparently Sunak is refusing to do the Sky News leaders thing in Grimsby unless he can be on the stage with Starmer when he’s answering questions, presumably tonight we saw why as he’s only interested in shouting Starmer down and not letting him answer.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Trying to be objective - Sunak probably won the first half, Starmer the second. But this is a format that is fundamentally flawed - serious issues reduced to a quick shouty soundbite.
Being objective both were crap but Starmer more so.

I genuinely don't like Sunak but he was far more polished in his presentation and had Starmer on the back foot more than the other way round.

Will it makes any difference? No. After manifestos move the news cycle and on reflection Starmer will learn from it and people will forget it as other debates happen.

Farage the pound shop Enoch Powell is going to roast the pair of them in a TV debate.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Weve all seen horses, strongly odds-on.

The trainer comes on, '''we'll do our best and see what happens*
Starmer looked edgy, uncomfortable and pointless.
God help the next few years.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Half decent debate. Wasn’t sure who to vote for but Labour are now in pole position for my X.

In the context of the format they both had to work with, he was head and shoulders ahead of Starmer.

Like an aggressive courtroom lawyer being told to stop by the judge, he just kept going to ensure the "jury" got to hear his point.
But Starmer is the QC? You’d shit yourself if he was the one defending you

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Starmer is awful but I think him getting pelters from people who support what the tories have done to this country is a bit of a piss take tbh

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Snap Yougov “who did better?” poll result;

Sunak - 51%
Starmer - 49%

Perhaps not quite the trouncing some on here claim?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
But Starmer is the QC? You’d shit yourself if he was the one defending you
KCs generally get longer than 45 seconds to make their case, and don’t have someone heckling and making shit up shouting them down

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Apparently Sunak is refusing to do the Sky News leaders thing in Grimsby unless he can be on the stage with Starmer when he’s answering questions, presumably tonight we saw why as he’s only interested in shouting Starmer down and not letting him answer.
Starmer just wasn't strong enough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here