Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Starmer v Sunak *** Official Match Thread ***

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Can see how people who like easy-to-swallow lies would be impressed by Sunak, to be fair

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Christ not feeling things are going to get much better with Starmer as PM. How will he cope with not spending 90% of his time slagging the Tories off. I was hoping he might be a bit more inspirational now we are so close to an election but he looks and sounds way out of his depth already to me.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
What’s funny/sad, both of them have patently ignored the subjects raised at times. Instead rehearsed bitchy soundbites.
I don't think I have ever seen s politician actually answer a direct question.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
'The arsonist being given back the matches', nice one Kier.
I bet you didn't write that gem.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
This has been the worst run debate I have ever watched. Etchingham is abysmal, insufficient time for wither of them to give a nuanced answer either.

Rishi has been more comfortable with the short format although his content has been weak. However, Etchingham has let Rishi get blows in after the bell has rung. Starmer should not have let Rishi say Labour would increase tax by £2K 6 times before he rebuffed it.
Starmer did try and rebuff it earlier, and she stopped him on every occasion. If she had been less format orientated and inflexible - as soon as tax got trotted out by Sunak more than once, she should have moved to the tax question - rather than saying 'we'll come to it later'.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

So he just pulled it out of his arse, essentially

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This has been the worst run debate I have ever watched. Etchingham is abysmal, insufficient time for wither of them to give a nuanced answer either.

Rishi has been more comfortable with the short format although his content has been weak. However, Etchingham has let Rishi get blows in after the bell has rung. Starmer should not have let Rishi say Labour would increase tax by £2K 6 times before he rebuffed it.
Great analysis.

I wonder where the sympathy goes? Britain loves an underdog. The cocky, untitled public schoolboy shouting everyone down with what is clearly BS or the red, rattled and frustrated everyman that more people can relate to?

The polls in the next week will decide the winner however.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I don’t know who’s doing the BBC version but f*** me I hope they’re better than Julie Etchingham was

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
And finally, a football question. Let's get onto the serious stuff that we can all agree on. ;)

As for tonight, it was like Southampton's Mark Dennis against Arsenal's Liam Brady with the Leeds v Chelsea 1970 Cup Final ref.

Starmer may have all the finesse, but being able to mix it with some rhetorical reducing tackles is also needed for the replay.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
45 seconds too short. Can’t give detail only attack which suits starmer due to Tory pain

Starmer opening rounds , sunak the middle , starmer the end

Starmer just nicked that . Sunak just talks like a liar
what channel was that on?

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Starmer improved towards the end after floundering earlier with Sunak shouting to get his uncontested £2k tax claim out. Neither appear relatable, likeable or trustworthy. Just helps that nasty prat called Nigel.

Terrible 'debate'. It wasn't even a debate. Why can't TV companies control them properly.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
45 seconds too short. Can’t give detail only attack which suits starmer due to Tory pain

Starmer opening rounds , sunak the middle , starmer the end

Starmer just nicked that . Sunak just talks like a liar
Not sure this is a completely independent view 🤣

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To be honest I watching the women’s football not this.because I don’t care as long as we get rid of the Tories. Another 5 years of these self serving *unts would make me want to leave the country.
Good game, wasn't it. Nice win :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here