Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Starmer v Sunak II *** Official Match Thread ***

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In seriousness, how are people going to cope with no gimmicks, no rash promises, no wheezes, no sly handouts for the wealthy that only the wealthy notice, and no meaningless gestures? People will lose their tiny minds :ohmy:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
It's the pathetic attempt to act like they were hard done by, the same with SKS

How about saying something like

I had a very fortunate upbringing, I had all the tools I needed to succeed in later life, as PM I want to make it my goal for more families and children to have the chances I had when growing up.

I don't know why it's now a thing to try and act poor and struggling.
You are right, when asked about poverty (and I can't believe that sunak's mob didn't know they would be asked it) the answer you have is the right and sensible one.

If starter's family really did have their phone cut off the he was right to say it. He did also give the answer you wrote above.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You are right, when asked about poverty (and I can't believe that sunak's mob didn't know they would be asked it) the answer you have is the right and sensible one.

If starter's family really did have their phone cut off the he was right to say it. He did also give the answer you wrote above.
"Starter". Love it :lolol:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
In seriousness, how are people going to cope with no gimmicks, no rash promises, no wheezes, no sly handouts for the wealthy that only the wealthy notice, and no meaningless gestures? People will lose their tiny minds :ohmy:
I know I am biased but the cancer patient and the family of 4 in a one bedroom flat were both really moving. Not just applause monkey's but real examples of how Britain is broken.

The manifesto is a balance of some commitments but a lot more aspiration. There is hope in there but it needs a lot of foundation work 1st

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know I am biased but the cancer patient and the family of 4 in a one bedroom flat were both really moving. Not just applause monkey's but real examples of how Britain is broken.

The manifesto is a balance of some commitments but a lot more aspiration. There is hope in there but it needs a lot of foundation work 1st
Yep. Starmer may be a bit nasal, but the more I hear him, the more 'real' and genuine he sounds. And I like the fact that the longer he talks the more you get the sense of nuance. I don't care that he keeps banging on about the toolmaker and the nurse. Facts are facts. Work hard and you can achieve anything.....yes, we need that back.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Starmer dealt with the payrise question well, he needs to follow up when his in power, he cant give in to every demand.

I have faith he will

Maybe a few years ago sure, but no one under the age of 50 really pays attention to newspapers / news anymore, it's all tiktok etc, it's why Tommy Robinson etc use it as a tool.

I can't remember other than the odd miss typed channel entry I've ever put on GB News, but I've had the misfortune of seeing clips on social media.

The big news channels, BBC/Sky etc have a low level of trust currently , their viewing numbers seem to be low, people get their news online
Corrected for you :thumbsup:

And it is older voters who: a) tend to read the toxic Daily Mail b) have overwhelmingly voted Conservative (2/3 of them usually); c) who turn-out to vote more than younger voters.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Yep. Starmer may be a bit nasal, but the more I hear him, the more 'real' and genuine he sounds. And I like the fact that the longer he talks the more you get the sense of nuance. I don't care that he keeps banging on about the toolmaker and the nurse. Facts are facts. Work hard and you can achieve anything.....yes, we need that back.
Spot on about the parent detail. Us following politics are sick of it but every time he mentions it his ratings with the general public go up. Many people are obviously listening for the first time & the contrast with Sunak is not only stark but very real

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
PLEASE let it be the end of the

THREE.
WORD.
SLOGANS.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Interesting questions. Chris from the BBC asked whether Labour is hiding their secret plans and we won't know what they are till after the election. Sky woman, coming at the same thing from a different direction, asked why there are no new announcements in the manifesto. I don't think Starmer understood the first Q, perhaps because he lacks the deviousness to concoct such mischief. To the second, he said that the manifesto has been worked on over the last 18 months, unlike all the uncosted promises Sunk invents on a daily basis; if you want clowns go to the circus. Going well so far.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Lack of three word policies must be difficult for a lot of the electorate as well.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Interesting questions. Chris from the BBC asked whether Labour is hiding their secret plans and we won't know what they are till after the election. Sky woman, coming at the same thing from a different direction, asked why there are no new announcements in the manifesto. I don't think Starmer understood the first Q, perhaps because he lacks the deviousness to concoct such mischief. To the second, he said that the manifesto has been worked on over the last 18 months, unlike all the uncosted promises Sunk invents on a daily basis; if you want clowns go to the circus. Going well so far.
"If you want the politics of pantomime, I hear Clacton is nice this time of year"
Superb

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Just seeing if people have been paying attention.

Q - What was Sir Keir Starmer's father's profession. Was it:

a) Heartbreaker
b) Soul shaker
c) Love taker
d) Tool maker?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here