Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stark Reality for England - and I love it!

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Well, let's just get these results in perspective.

Scotland played France home and away in a competitive fixtures with France fielding their full team.

We beat them home and away and did not conceed.

Last night incidentally we drew with Croatia with a very scratch team hit by 7 withdrawals in the preceeding 48 hours - a team that comfortably beat you at home and then at Wembley - well how enjoyable was that??!!

It just shows that Scotland have improved to being almost reasonable - while England are showing that they are approaching mediocrity at some speed.

Thoroughly enjoyable.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
I am fast losing interest in a bunch of over paid, overrated prima donnas, whose only interest is when they are getting delivery of their new Aston Martin or how many thousands of pounds they can spend on a new pair of diamond stud earrings. They have lost complete touch with the average football fan and thus many people i know don't really care if England win, lose or draw any longer. Which is very sad indeed.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

Scotland played France home and away in a competitive fixtures with France fielding their full team.

Last night incidentally we drew with Croatia with a very scratch team hit by 7 withdrawals in the preceeding 48 hours - a team that comfortably beat you at home and then at Wembley - well how enjoyable was that??!!

It just shows that Scotland have improved to being almost reasonable - while England are showing that they are approaching mediocrity at some speed.

Thoroughly enjoyable.

Yeah whatever mate. What I always find thoroughly enjoybale is the way Scotland always seem to get tot he brink of qualifyinf for major championships and then failing at the last hurdle..:lolol:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The stark reality is England were dire in the qualifying games and still nearly qualified. Scotland played the best they have played in years and still did not qualify.

England are dire at the moment but the same level as Scotland no I don't think so!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Thoroughly enjoyable.

Don't blame you, enjoy it like we've enjoyed Scotland being shite for decades now.
Can't see us turning it around for a while yet either :down:

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
fell at the last hurdle?

With Italy being the last hurdle and a group that had France and Ukraine in?

My god man wake up and smell the coffee! You fell at the last hurdle that included Macedonia, Russia and Croatia and Israel - unbelievable!

England are absolute gash - and you need to face up to it.

Useless overpaid thugs who actually believe that they are world class players - and don;t realise what a laugh the rest of the world has at their expense when they prove to a global audience time and time again that they are shite!

Quality entertainment - only improved by the hordes of England fans who expect anything different!!

marvellous scenes!!!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Baloney.

England were missing key players when they played Croatia at home, and I have no doubt Scotland would have been comfortably beaten away.

With regards the France game, I saw the highlights of Scotlands game in Paris and they could have played it another 50 times and wouldn't have won. One shot from 30 yards which the keeper fumbled in and incessant France pressure for the rest of the game.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Yeah whatever mate. What I always find thoroughly enjoybale is the way Scotland always seem to get tot he brink of qualifyinf for major championships and then failing at the last hurdle..:lolol:

Can't really laugh at Scotland given that England failed to qualify from a worse group with fewer points than Scotland managed....

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Thoroughly enjoyable.

Difficult to argue with that

I am fast losing interest in a bunch of over paid, overrated prima donnas, whose only interest is when they are getting delivery of their new Aston Martin or how many thousands of pounds they can spend on a new pair of diamond stud earrings. They have lost complete touch with the average football fan and thus many people i know don't really care if England win, lose or draw any longer. Which is very sad indeed.

Even more difficult to argue with that

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Crodonilson

We played France twice and did not conceed - those are the facts. Once again another England apologist with excuses and reasons why you did not deliver.

We beat France twice - we did not conceed. Do you get that? You played Macedonia and could not beat them. You relied on Israel getting you to a point where the Croatia game was even relevant.

So over the qualifying games - with England having all their players available over the period at onestage or another - you failed to beat teams such as Israel and Macedonia.

That is because you are shite.

Can;t really see how you can fail to accept the facts

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Oh and shall we tot up the points that both sides managed in the quialifying games - then look at the standings and seedings of the teams in the groups........

Frankly I think you should hold your hands up to an abysmal showing from England who are an abysmal team, with abysmal players with an abysmal attitude.

The Premiership is a sympton of the illness - not something to be proud of. but then most of my English mates support non-Premiership teams and have no interest in this league.

it is actually quite wqorrying for English football that there is such a gulf between the quality of football served up round the country every SAturday and the trash that the national team serve up.

England - shit 'em!!

Gareth24

Mar 19, 2008
England are shit and its dire times right now.

If i was cappello i would get rid of all the prima donnas and start from scratch, We have got alot of promising youngsters but just drop gerrard,terry,lampard,a.cole out the squad and make them work to get back in.

I agree Scotland are close to being a half decent team. Im just glad we lost to croatia and france in the manner we did rather than the Scots!!!

That would of been very difficult to take

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Yes England are shit at the moment. Yes we had an awful qualifying campaign. Yes our players need to have a long hard look at their performances and there is clearly work to be done.

But whilst I agree that Scotland had a very strong campaign for the Euro's and a draw with a half strength Croatia side they are not suddenly world beaters!!!

Lets not forget this underachieving England team has qualified for all of the major tournaments with the exception of this summers Euro's, something Scotland have not achieved.

Whilst you are entitled to enjoy the moment my guess is when the qualifiers for the world cup are finished we will be looking forward to the world cup whilst Scotland will still be crowing about how they did not lose twice to France in 2008

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Any England fans on here need a shovel???

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Very hard to argue that England are currently very poor. However can't really compare results in group games to those in friendlies. For example were any sides last night busting a gut to win...no. Did they play full strength sides with only tactical subs.....no.

My worry is despite now having a top class manager, and players apparently being selected on form why are the same faces still under performing for England. Wes Brown ? Stuart Downing ? Steven Gerrard ? just to name a few.

The selection of Ashley Young and Agbonalor in the orginal 30 means nothing if they aren't going to make the final squad. Time has come to drop those that seem to think they can play for England on cruise control and bring on some of those that would show what exciting young talent we have.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Seasider - learn to read dear before making statements.

World beaters was not mentioned - I stated that Scotland are on their way to being reasonable.

I suspect that you are very aware how appalling your national team is and have trotted out the famous old.....'just wait until next time when England win every game.....blah blah blah.

You are not a lot better than us - and that fact is pretty blatant.

and by the way Wozza no chip on the shoulder at all. Just a slightly enjoyable feeling watching a bunch of over paid prima donnas fail AGAIN - and their fans sit and still have complete faith that come the next tournament England will prove how good they are.

My god man - if England were a Plc or any type of commercial business your failure to deliver for nealry 50 years given the resource and facilities you ahve enjoyed - would be bankrupt long ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here