Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Starbucks..............Why?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
There are still no Starbucks in Italy, where they care about coffee, which should tell you all you need to know.

Until just a couple of years ago the same could also be said of Belgium and the Netherlands, but they have now muscled their way into a few places frequented by foreigners like Schiphol Airport and a few stations. But I have yet to meet a Belgian or a Dutchman who would admit to setting foot in one.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
There are still no Starbucks in Italy, where they care about coffee, which should tell you all you need to know.

Until just a couple of years ago the same could also be said of Belgium and the Netherlands, but they have now muscled their way into a few places frequented by foreigners like Schiphol Airport and a few stations. But I have yet to meet a Belgian or a Dutchman who would admit to setting foot in one.

there are (for example) plenty in Cyprus and Greece however which are also equally coffee obsessed if not more. so it doesnt really. we need to know a little more.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

The Spanish is right. You'll find French supermarkets don't stock anything like as many foreign wines or cheeses as others do. This doesn't mean that other countries can't do wine or cheese.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
its interesting, the cypriot view of the change in their coffee culture is a very similar discussion to ours on the demise of pubs in the UK. having an engrained and deep rooted culture does not make you somehow nobly resistant to the forces of globalisation. on the contrary if an eager market already exists its ripe for the taking by someone more savvy.

f***ing hell what a boring post.

arseygull

Jul 27, 2004
Starbucks coat their coffee beans in a sugar solution before they grind them. I know this cos I'm a lardy git on a diet and apparently an Americano in Starbucks contains more calories than any other popular chain.

Coffee Haven is my cafe of choice

i'd like to think i appreciate a good coffee so with regards to the foreiners I would say abroad almost without exception you'll be served a 'proper' cup of coffee, however in this country there's a 50% chance you'll be served a cup of Mellow Birds

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here