Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Starbucks..............Why?

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Why do people buy coffee in that place, surely they must know it tastes like utter shit. There are several alternatives Costa and the like and local Coffee shops which are HUGELY superior to the Cak they serve in Starbucks, it just astounds me why people wanna drink such utter dishwater, Phew Rant over.

Tell me about it. How can anyone call it coffee. I think Costa need to go over to Italy and taste a proper bloody espresso and cappuccino. There giant mugs are also a complete joke.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
That new Krispy Kreme store in Brighton seems to have people queueing outside for their bland doughnuts and crappy coffee. People just love a brand name.

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
That new Krispy Kreme store in Brighton seems to have people queueing outside for their bland doughnuts and crappy coffee. People just love a brand name.

I live in America and KK are going out of business it seems they are all closing down. Can't stand their coffee or doughnuts, why they decided to expand in UK I don't know.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I make the best coffee without doubt, it's imported from South America by an independent & roasted here. Pasha on the High St in Chobham, Surrey if anyone is passing.

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
If you are in America and want good COFFEE and have large amounts of money to spend try Petes, it is top notch, they also do amazing teas.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I prefer places with a bit more character. Maroccos does an ace coffee. As does that italian place on George St. For a tea I go to Treacle.

The coffee in the Caff on the Salts at Seaford used to be excellent and cheap, even though the Caff has gone up market since the Spring the coffee is still good. I resent paying more than £1.50 for a coffee and consider that the chains, Starbucks et al, are a con.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I LOVE Starbucks, my usual is a Venti Skim Caramel Macchiato (without whipped cream)...

But personally as a lover of good coffee I don't visit Starbucks for the coffee per se I like it as it is a fine establishment of coffee based drinks, like their Frozen Coffees which I also love in summer.

For fine coffee I prefer to stay home and use our Kitchenaid Espresso machine with Lavazza espresso, not a lot beats it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
In the States I usually go to Dunkin Donuts for a good cup of coffee although Caribou are also very good. Over here I use McDonalds as often as not as they are fairly consistent. I also like Cafe Nero while some Costas are good, some not (much as Starbucks) but I'm afraid I'm someone who DOES drink a pint or more of black coffee in one go (and sometimes two!). In europe generally it can be really hard to get a large cup of coffee (France especially).

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
Coffee@33 on trafalgar street is the best in my opinion, those guys have a real passion for coffee.
There are so many independent coffee shops in Brighton that there is no excuse for going to Starbucks.

Sep 1, 2010
What did they say when you took it back and told them it was 'shit'

Starbucks is decent. Prefer Costa though

On the last occasion i DID take it back and tell them it was shit, got my money back and f***ed off. Never again. Sorry, but IMO if there are people out there that think there coffee is alright then there are more people with destroyed taste buds out there than i thought. Tasteless froth made with poor ingredients.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont drink coffe very often but 1 of my sons went out with a manager of a Starbucks attached to a Sainsburys and I was astounded at the amount of money they take each week so somebody must like it, well a lot of people must.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here