Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Starbucks..............Why?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I am honestly not trying to start a row, but i have no idea how that is even possible for people to like the coffee there, BUT yes, loads of people do go there, but does not necessarily mean it is any good, i mean....who would prefer a McDonalds burger to a gourmet/Homemade one, as far as i see it, it is shit for the masses. Just my opinion.
To me all coffee is shit. Nero: shit. Starbucks: shit. Costa: shit. Can't stand the stuff. However my wife, who loves her coffee, says that the McDonalds coffee is excellent both in terms of taste and value.

Hope that helps.

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Can never understand the fascination of paying £3 + for a coffee. Looks a big con to me. Hvae tried a few times trying to understand but its all bollocks if you ask me.

The fact you have to que for it as well makes it even more bizarre

A standard coffee is normally under £2.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Just wondering how many times you have been back, even though it "tastes like shit" every time....

Sounds a bit like one of those experiments with getting mice to nudge the right colour button for food. Except the mice learn from experience.

Why do people buy coffee in that place, surely they must know it tastes like utter shit. There are several alternatives Costa and the like and local Coffee shops which are HUGELY superior to the Cak they serve in Starbucks, it just astounds me why people wanna drink such utter dishwater, Phew Rant over.

One mans meat is another mans poison.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
The thing i find with Starbucks is it's mostly promoting coffee based drinks, rather than actual coffee. they seem to do their best to disguise the coffee . Nero seems more about the coffee. IMO they use a better roast and they make it stronger.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The thing i find with Starbucks is it's mostly promoting coffee based drinks, rather than actual coffee. they seem to do their best to disguise the coffee . Nero seems more about the coffee. IMO they use a better roast and they make it stronger.

no way is there a bloody starbucks in denton or newhaven.

Sep 1, 2010

Spot on

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Me and the girlfriend went into Delice on trafalgar street on her recommendation (first visit for myself today) and I was very impressed, Lots of wood, friendly staff, good atmosphere, not a chain etc. I can take or leave coffee so had tea but she loves it and said the coffee was better than anywhere else in Brighton. They are also very reasonably priced. They do a deal in there Toasted Breakfast sandwich of your choice, ham and cheese, bacon etc, piece of fruit, bottle of fruit juice and any hot drink you like for £5. It was really good. Oh and free wiFi, not like the bloody rigmarole you have to attempt to log in a Starfucks, buying their card and not working well on Macs etc.

I have hot chocolate in Starbucks sometimes but don't like their other drinks.

Last edited:

Indeed, but if you see starbucks everywhere you are going to go into one instead of looking for somewhere else.

Eh?

If I see Palace fans everywhere, doen't mean I'm going to go into Selhurst instead of looking for somewhere else (possibly in Falmer)!

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The problem is, you're all doing it wrong like noobs.

PROTIPS:

If you order a latte/moccachino/any other poofy girly drink for people who don't like real coffee then order it EXTRA HOT - a four-shot grande latte is just about tolerable in starbucks when requested EXTRA HOT. Has to be four shots as starbucks coffee is easily the weakest of all the chains and the latte is basically slightly warmed milk with a dash of coffee

starbucks do egg-nog lattes as christmas which are baby jesus's own drink of choice - get one

finally, get a STARBUCKS CARD, its free and you can load it with a minimum of a fiver and they send you free coffee vouchers in the post every few months (a booklet full of them arrived just last week). But the real winner here is you can get a tall filter coffee for a QUID - thats cheaper than mcdonalds, burger king and all the other 'proper' coffee shops combined.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Me and the girlfriend went into Delice on trafalgar street on her recommendation (first visit for myself today) and I was very impressed, Lots of wood, friendly staff, good atmosphere, not a chain etc. I can take or leave coffee so had tea but she loves it and said the coffee was better than anywhere else in Brighton. They are also very reasonably priced. They do a deal in there Toasted Breakfast sandwich of your choice, ham and cheese, bacon etc, piece of fruit, bottle of fruit juice and any hot drink you like for £5. It was really good. Oh and free wiFi, not like the bloody rigmarole you have to attempt to log in a Starfucks, buying their card and not working well on Macs etc.

I have hot chocolate in Starbucks sometimes but don't like their other drinks.

wifi is free for starbucks card users and works well.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The problem is, you're all doing it wrong like noobs.

PROTIPS:

If you order a latte/moccachino/any other poofy girly drink for people who don't like real coffee then order it EXTRA HOT - a four-shot grande latte is just about tolerable in starbucks when requested EXTRA HOT. Has to be four shots as starbucks coffee is easily the weakest of all the chains and the latte is basically slightly warmed milk with a dash of coffee

starbucks do egg-nog lattes as christmas which are baby jesus's own drink of choice - get one

finally, get a STARBUCKS CARD, its free and you can load it with a minimum of a fiver and they send you free coffee vouchers in the post every few months (a booklet full of them arrived just last week). But the real winner here is you can get a tall filter coffee for a QUID - thats cheaper than mcdonalds, burger king and all the other 'proper' coffee shops combined.

All seems like a hell of a lot a hassle just to get a coffee. I have nothing major against the place but there are far better places in this town. Fact.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
wifi is free for starbucks card users and works well.

Nor strictly true, you have to have to put £2 minimum on the card and then register and when it wouldn't work we were told it's because it crap for macs. Why bother when every other much better coffee shops in Brighton do it free, no registration and works everytime.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
All seems like a hell of a lot a hassle just to get a coffee. I have nothing major against the place but there are far better places in this town. Fact.

couldnt agree more. the benefit of starbucks is reliability; if you go somewhere and dont happen to know the best coffee shop in town starbucks is a half decent and cheap coffee. we walked out of a cafe in paris opposite the garnier who wanted €14 EACH for a filter coffee - straight into starbucks for a €2 coffee.

If in dubious london, check out cafe vergnano on charing cross road just up from leicester square tube - best coffee in London - the problem is there are only four seats or something stupid and people sit in them ALL DAY :tantrum:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Nor strictly true, you have to have to put £2 minimum on the card and then register and when it wouldn't work we were told it's because it crap for macs. Why bother when every other much better coffee shops in Brighton do it free, no registration and works everytime.

I always just keep a fiver on it anyway - even if you dont use the card to buy your drinks (why wouldnt you?) leave a few quid on it and hey presto, free wifi - and also, you can use it at any starbucks anywhere in the world for free wifi once you're registered

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I always just keep a fiver on it anyway - even if you dont use the card to buy your drinks (why wouldnt you?) leave a few quid on it and hey presto, free wifi - and also, you can use it at any starbucks anywhere in the world for free wifi once you're registered

If it works for you and is convenient than who am I to critisise, when I went in there for a quick coffee and ten mins WiFi it was a pain in the arse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here