Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Starbucks..............Why?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I am honestly not trying to start a row, but i have no idea how that is even possible for people to like the coffee there, BUT yes, loads of people do go there, but does not necessarily mean it is any good, i mean....who would prefer a McDonalds burger to a gourmet/Homemade one, as far as i see it, it is shit for the masses. Just my opinion.

That's a poor analogy though. More people eat McDonalds' burgers than gourmet ones because of the cheaper price, not just the availbilty.

Conversely, Starbucks coffe is over £2, which is a premium price, yet a lot of people are still paying it.

Its clearly not 'shit' - just not to your personal taste, which is not the same thing.

Personally I can't stand Guiness or red wine. Doesn't mean they are both 'shit'.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The Red Roaster does do a very nice coffee. The Dorset Café also does a damn fine one.

Aside from that, nah - not for me, pretty much all the same.

I think Starbucks pissed a lot of people off with their behaviour in opening their St James Street shop.

Sep 1, 2010
That's a poor analogy though. More people eat McDonalds' burgers than gourmet ones because of the cheaper price, not just the availbilty.

Conversely, Starbucks coffe is over £2, which is a premium price, yet a lot of people are still paying it.

Its clearly not 'shit' - just not to your personal taste, which is not the same thing.

Personally I can't stand Guiness or red wine. Doesn't mean they are both 'shit'.

Fair point i guess, but in terms of my experience of Starbucks i have been served shit coffee each time, to which i decided if that is the standard then people must have no taste buds and i am not going back.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm more of a TEA man meself anyway. But I do have the odd cup of Nescafe instant, with a couple of spoons of Coffee Mate stirred in.

Gosh, that was INTERESTING wasn't it.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I hate PRET with a passion. The coffee's shit (well, the 99p black filter is fine value for money and I buy one most days but I'm ranting so ignore my double standards). The tea's shit and the foods overpriced shit. The one I go in always has JAZZ on at full blast which also means its full of Wankers.

Pret. Pah.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Can never understand the fascination of paying £3 + for a coffee. Looks a big con to me. Hvae tried a few times trying to understand but its all bollocks if you ask me.

The fact you have to que for it as well makes it even more bizarre

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My regular SUNDAY Starbucks is in Winchester. It does a passable latte, decent hot chocolate for the kids, has a decent selection of CAKES, and is always RAMMED with 18 year old girls with long blonde hair, black tights, short denim skirts, and boots.

Works for me.

:thumbsup:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
For a moment, I also thought Chappers was suggesting TIC TOC tea bags were worth drinking until I realised otherwise.

That Decaf bollocks is an INSULT I tell you.

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
starbucks fraps are ok i like the peppermint ones tho i usually drink mcdonalds frapies or w/e they are called since they are cheaper and taste better than starbucks frapers. some mornings it calls for a dunkin donuts coffee with a donut :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And I bet its FULL of people who go

"uuh, yah. Can I GET a blah-de-blah in a lah...."

I think I'd end up hitting someone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here