Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Starbucks..............Why?

Sep 1, 2010
Why do people buy coffee in that place, surely they must know it tastes like utter shit. There are several alternatives Costa and the like and local Coffee shops which are HUGELY superior to the Cak they serve in Starbucks, it just astounds me why people wanna drink such utter dishwater, Phew Rant over.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well, personally I buy it, occasionally, because I quite like it. Is that okay?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
15,000 stores worldwide, they must be doing SOMETHING right with their coffee.

Sep 1, 2010
Well, i think The Red Roaster does the best coffee in Brighton, Do not go in McDonalds so i will take your word for it, but i think Starbucks coffee tastes bloody awful and seems to be a cup full of warmish froth with no flavour

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think every other shop in San Fran is a starbucks, they just flood the Market. There are two Starbucks opposite each other in Brighton

They do have to pay rent, staff costs, etc on all of them though [or the franchisee does]. They wouldn't open them all if the market wouldn't wear it.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
They do have to pay rent, staff costs, etc on all of them though [or the franchisee does]. They wouldn't open them all if the market wouldn't wear it.

Indeed, but if you see starbucks everywhere you are going to go into one instead of looking for somewhere else.

I have no problem with starbucks.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Costas for me and M&S do a decent cup in their cafes....great with one of their toasted sarnies!

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Prefer Cafe Nero myself.

Also, who the hell would buy a 'venti' sized coffee? Couldn't stomach over a pint of coffee in one go!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't like Nero's coffee, much.

I drink a lot of coffee. Take away mostly McDonalds.

Drink in: Costa > Waitrose cafe > Starbucks > Nero

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nero > Costa > Starbucks > Coffee Republic

I don't see much difference between Starbucks, Costa, Pret, Nero etc. - they're all pretty much the same, as far as I can tell. I go to Pret every day for my breakfast tea, and that varies, dependng on who actually makes it.
Never been impressed with Pret coffee, to be honest.

Sep 1, 2010
I am honestly not trying to start a row, but i have no idea how that is even possible for people to like the coffee there, BUT yes, loads of people do go there, but does not necessarily mean it is any good, i mean....who would prefer a McDonalds burger to a gourmet/Homemade one, as far as i see it, it is shit for the masses. Just my opinion.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
I am honestly not trying to start a row, but i have no idea how that is even possible for people to like the coffee there, BUT yes, loads of people do go there, but does not necessarily mean it is any good, i mean....who would prefer a McDonalds burger to a gourmet/Homemade one, as far as i see it, it is shit for the masses. Just my opinion.

I'm a big fan of good coffee and where I get my Starbuck's it is always pretty good, but I do know what you mean about some of their franchises. I guess it depends on the staff. I go in the one near my office and they pretty much know what their regular customers want and service like that helps too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here