Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stand or fall banner

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1. I'm happy to collect the money if it helps.

2. I'd also chip is some NSC funds to help with the cost, on the following conditions
- The club provide full agreement that the banner can be hung and will provide help (hooks or whatever) to make it a relatively trivial task to put it up (or it is allowed to stay up)
- There is some sort of sensible plan for storing it as transporting it will cause issues (see REMF flag)
- The design is relatively timeless. Gus banners are all well and good, but he will leave sooner or later.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
1. I'm happy to collect the money if it helps.

2. I'd also chip is some NSC funds to help with the cost, on the following conditions
- The club provide full agreement that the banner can be hung and will provide help (hooks or whatever) to make it a relatively trivial task to put it up (or it is allowed to stay up)
- There is some sort of sensible plan for storing it as transporting it will cause issues (see REMF flag)
- The design is relatively timeless. Gus banners are all well and good, but he will leave sooner or later.

This will only be done with the clubs full backing and if we can get them to put up some kind of pulley rig system or strong hook type system(We would probably need to pay for this also) as the price of it it'd be silly to botch the hanging of it.

As for storage again it would need to be confirmed but the club already look after the larger of the NSK banners/flags so I would imagine they'd add this with the others.

[MENTION=2934]tomysupercup[/MENTION] and I will start speaking to the club regards above issues including fire reg certificates etc.

Feb 14, 2010
The Regiment had a number of marches of which GOSBTS is the main one but was written before WW1 so clearly is NOT about Armistice Day as it precedes it.[/QUOTE]

I said the clue was Poppy Day, which should lead someone to think military and Sussex, the Sussex regiment, and then understand the meaning of Stand (Fight) or Fall (die). Simple really. The link with the albion is also that The Sussex drilled on the Goldstone and players joined up. Funnily enough Falmer was also rifle range in WW2 for the army, Home Guard and the Americans/ Canadians when they were stationed in Sussex. Sorry I like these little quirky links and sorry I was a bit stroppy. Its good however for the Albion to forge a fantastic future but with the knowledge that they have a proud past.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
This will only be done with the clubs full backing and if we can get them to put up some kind of pulley rig system or strong hook type system(We would probably need to pay for this also) as the price of it it'd be silly to botch the hanging of it.

As for storage again it would need to be confirmed but the club already look after the larger of the NSK banners/flags so I would imagine they'd add this with the others.

[MENTION=2934]tomysupercup[/MENTION] and I will start speaking to the club regards above issues including fire reg certificates etc.

You would be miles better off with a flag. A banner that size is going to take some work putting up and taking down every match and a decent frame to bungeey fix it is going to cost about £3k at least and although I don't know the exact construction it will need to fix to the internal steels as I suspect the Ali cladding won't be strong enough. If you can put eye fixings in it would be loads cheaper but again I don't know that the cladding will take it and you need quite a few to make it ripple free.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Finally someone has come up with the NSC donation thread I said all along this should be done. The only reason I didnt volunteer to set one up is because Im quite new to this site.

All you would need is a sticky at the top of the big board with the flag banner we want to create say we need to raise how ever much it costs and put a link to where people can donate. Once the target is reached the flag is made then move onto a new project.

Well done [MENTION=579]Drumstick[/MENTION]

Very good idea :clap:

'Next project' - love it. NSC can help make the AMEX look even better or put money to other useful things.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I prefer this version with the stripes by the club crests on either side.

attachment.php

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I can't see why they wouldn't leave it up permanantly or even just take it down close season (just thinking of damage by pissed up people at gigs etc). I'm sure the likes of Villa's ' Holte End - The 12th Man' are up perm - and it adds some class. Well done [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] for offering to collect and donate some NSC coffers.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
With the Albion fans leaving, opposition fans will crop photos with the words 'Fall' above it.

Are we OK with that?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I am up for contributing to this. Point to the moaners on this thread- Don't contribute, simple.

Lush

Mods' Pet
My guess is the conversation with the club will go like this:

NSK: Can we have a big banner?
BHA: Ok what's it going to have on it?
NSK: We were thinking 'Stand or Fall', from the words to Good old Sussex By The Sea
BHA: Unfortunately, it will look as if we are encouraging standing and we will lose our safety certificate
NSC: Boo! Hiss! etc etc

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
My guess is the conversation with the club will go like this:

NSK: Can we have a big banner?
BHA: Ok what's it going to have on it?
NSK: We were thinking 'Stand or Fall', from the words to Good old Sussex By The Sea
BHA: Unfortunately, it will look as if we are encouraging standing and we will lose our safety certificate
NSC: Boo! Hiss! etc etc

Agreed.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Personally I think

We won't be druv

makes more sense than Stand or Fall.

If we intend to use stand or Fall I believe it should explain a bit more:

STAND OR FALL
FOR SUSSEX BY THE SEA

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The club provide full agreement that the banner can be hung and will provide help (hooks or whatever) to make it a relatively trivial task to put it up (or it is allowed to stay up)

It would be better if it was a permanent fixture - looking at the suggested place it would be impossible to put up and take down without a ladder anyway

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Mmmm. Not sure that picking three words from a great song about our county makes a great deal of sense. You may as well pick "Good Old Sussex" or "Sussex by the Sea".

I knew the words but I'm not convinced the 'win or lose' sentiment makes sense, hardly stirring stuff.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
Use paint.

Can we have 'reap and mow' on the East Stand? It would confuse the opposition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here