Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stand or fall banner

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Mmmm. Not sure that picking three words from a great song about our county makes a great deal of sense. You may as well pick "Good Old Sussex" or "Sussex by the Sea".

Written in 1907 by William Higgs it was picked up by the royal Sussex regiment as a marching song and used during the first world war. Stand or fall is a battle cry, a call to arms. I.e strong, stirring words for the terraces.

Feb 14, 2010
Written in 1907 by William Higgs it was picked up by the royal Sussex regiment as a marching song and used during the first world war. Stand or fall is a battle cry, a call to arms. I.e strong, stirring words for the terraces.

He knows that but he is a "w-really w-really funny" comedian that is ten steps ahead of the rest of us you see

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
'Stand and fall' is quality and those words are poignant to many people for many different reasons but to most as stated above, a battle cry and perfect for the banner.
A bit like the Liverpool one 'through the wind and rain' but better.

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
'Stand and fall' is quality and those words are poignant to many people for many different reasons but to most as stated above, a battle cry and perfect for the banner.
A bit like the Liverpool one 'through the wind and rain' but better.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
I think it's alright. Anyway..Stand or Fall if it is a reference to war has plenty to resonate. It's not just Sussex.. Albion after all means (according to Wiki)

Albion (Greek: Ἀλβιών) is the oldest known name of the island of Great Britain. Today, it is still sometimes used poetically to refer to the island or England in particular. It is also the basis of the Scottish Gaelic name for Scotland, Alba. New Albion and Albionoria ("Albion of the North") were briefly suggested as possible names of Canada during the period of Canadian Confederation.

I've got a £ for it.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
As the right hand side seagull will be right above my head I would be more than pleased to put in a few quid.

TB

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Sounds like a good idea to me. Bit of colour in the banner will fit in that stand nicely. Im always in support of anything that 'could' help the atmoshere

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
How would 'Stand or Fall' with the Albion badge be read when 3-1 down at home, with the North Stand emptying?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here