Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stand or fall banner

Feb 14, 2010
What???? Suggest you learn the 2nd verse to GOSBTS.

Dear oh dear oh dear.

Another w-really funny comedian. Can someone post the regimental song of The Sussex Regiment (you know the poor sods, one of whom was my Great Grandfather- that drilled on the Goldstone before being sent to Stand or Fall in France) for Pot Noodles

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Finally someone has come up with the NSC donation thread I said all along this should be done. The only reason I didnt volunteer to set one up is because Im quite new to this site.

All you would need is a sticky at the top of the big board with the flag banner we want to create say we need to raise how ever much it costs and put a link to where people can donate. Once the target is reached the flag is made then move onto a new project.

Well done [MENTION=579]Drumstick[/MENTION]

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Great Idea Drumstick, I'll chip in

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
A great idea if the club are agreeable, however if I were an advertiser at the club I'd be looking at the size of that and asking why that one get so much prominance in comparison to the normal boards, yet costs nothing.

Mr Hebbard and co will be asked if they would be agreeable and we can move from there, Slowly slowly catchee monkey. Just thought we'd get the ball rolling as it has been suggested and now something needs to happen.

Perhaps if we want to get say 6 suggestions we can then do a poll, Mods make it sticky for a few weeks?

1. Stand or Fall
2. We wont be druv

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mr Hebbard and co will be asked if they would be agreeable and we can move from there, Slowly slowly catchee monkey. Just thought we'd get the ball rolling as it has been suggested and now something needs to happen.

Perhaps if we want to get say 6 suggestions we can then do a poll, Mods make it sticky for a few weeks?

1. Stand or Fall
2. We wont be druv

3. Glad To Be Gay

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Don't be surprised if the club want to put paid advertising where you have shown that banner - why not go for giant flag that could be passed across the north stand and then passed to the east and 1901 (lol) for them to have it travel across the stands

The banner wording will come back on us if it's up all the match and we are getting stuffed. At flag can be brought out at the start of a match and when we are stuffing palarse 4-0 etc

Last edited:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
4. Es Complicado

Although I also love 'We won't be Druv'

Attachments

• Complicado.jpg
    Complicado.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 221

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Don't be surprised if the club want to put paid advertising where you have shown that banner - why not go for giant flag that could be passed across the north stand and then passed to the east and 1901 (lol) for them to have it travel across the stands

Better idea and building work now finished so good chance it will not end up on a tip somewhere like the REMF flag did.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Still stick with my original point. I don't believe the words "Stand or fall" on their own on a banner are relevant to anything Albion. As words that are part of Sussex by the Sea, absolutely ... but on a banner on their own, no.

Why not "Sussex by the Sea"? At least that's the title of "our" song.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
1. Stand or Fall
2. We wont be druv
3. Sussex by the Sea

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
How would 'Stand or Fall' with the Albion badge be read when 3-1 down at home, with the North Stand emptying?

Regret, this is a good point. I withdraw my £ until every last mofecker stands to the 90th + minute..even when 1-3 down to (lets say...) P*lace.

Another w-really funny comedian. Can someone post the regimental song of The Sussex Regiment (you know the poor sods, one of whom was my Great Grandfather- that drilled on the Goldstone before being sent to Stand or Fall in France) for Pot Noodles

Big deal. My Great-Grandfather and my grandfather both were with the Sussex Regiment but I don't feel the need to boast about it to somehow justify my existence. What is it about you and having to prove your credentials on here? You're no better than HB&B with your petty snobbery.

The Regiment had a number of marches of which GOSBTS is the main one but was written before WW1 so clearly is NOT about Armistice Day as it precedes it.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Regret, this is a good point. I withdraw my £ until every last mofecker stands to the 90th + minute..even when 1-3 down to (lets say...) P*lace.

Okay, how about:

Stand or Fall*
*except when we are losing, when we reserve the right to leave early to get the bus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here