Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stand or fall banner

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
So is this going to be done, Someone needs to take the lead with this and get it moving. The NSK is happy to take this on and get it done if no one else wants to take the lead, the next thing to be sorted will be raising the money for it. I see two avenues for it.

1. Mod set up a paypal account for this, problem is paypal will take 10% (maybe 12.5%?)? That's alot of money as this flag will cost some.

2. Mod open an account/use their existing account (does NSC have an account for something like this to avoid losing 12% to PayPal?) for it and gives people the details to send a check to or transfer their donation.

The NSK have built up a fairly good repor with some people within the club and will be able to find out if the club agree and if they are happy to mount it semi permanently/storage etc.

If NSC are agreeable the NSK can get a quote for this. We would be able to get it made and deliver the final product. Obviously NSC being NSC I'm sure many others on here have these skills too and all need to pull behind this.

NSC can do great things and this SHOULD be one of them.

We will contact the club about this (unless someone else already has?) and will let everyone know as soon as we have a response. We need to know the exact size of the space before we get the final quote although the proposed banner is approximately 21m x 2m. We'll get a quote based on this size and then once we know the correct dimensions we can get a final quote.

Any thoughts?

attachment.php

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Looks bloody brilliant

I'm sure [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] would be happy to collect the funds on your behalf.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
looks good. I would chip in for it.

May also be worth having some leaflets handed out at a game, for fans to be made aware of it. Many I am sure do not read NSC/ will miss this thread.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'll happily contribute to it not happening, how much ?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I certainly missed the thread. What exactly does it mean? If I as a fan and an NSC contributor do not know what it's about, what chance fans who are not on NSC?? Or have I missed something?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The words "Stand or Fall" come from the second verse of Good Old Sussex by the Sea.

Great. But if I, Sussex born and bred and a long time Seagulls fan do not know that, what chance the majority of the stadium crowd who, like me, do not know all the words to the song?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Looks great.

I still love this banner - which would also look class - perhaps any spare cash could have it on the other side.

Attachments

• Complicado.jpg
    Complicado.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 680

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Queue people making negative comments about the NSK, hating the idea, etc...

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
The words "Stand or Fall" come from the second verse of Good Old Sussex by the Sea.

Is that the song that hardly anyone knows the words too?

Feb 14, 2010
Great. But if I, Sussex born and bred and a long time Seagulls fan do not know that, what chance the majority of the stadium crowd who, like me, do not know all the words to the song?

Even better and how lucky are those that don't currently know. They will soon be lucky enough to discover for the first time a great piece of heritage of the club, city and county to which they belong.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Even better and how lucky are those that don't currently know. They will soon be lucky enough to discover for the first time a great piece of heritage of the club, city and county to which they belong.

Mmmm. Not sure that picking three words from a great song about our county makes a great deal of sense. You may as well pick "Good Old Sussex" or "Sussex by the Sea".

Feb 14, 2010
Mmmm. Not sure that picking three words from a great song about our county makes a great deal of sense. You may as well pick "Good Old Sussex" or "Sussex by the Sea".

read it again.. what do you think "stand" means and what do you think "fall" stands for. clue = poppy day

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
read it again.. what do you think "stand" means and what do you think "fall" stands for. clue = poppy day

What?? Exactly what has poppy day got to do with the Albion? And no, stand and fall have absolutely no link to poppy day for me. Don't get the idea of picking out three random words. Makes little sense. May as well pick "Hearts be Gay"!

Feb 14, 2010
What?? Exactly what has poppy day got to do with the Albion? And no, stand and fall have absolutely no link to poppy day for me. Don't get the idea of picking out three random words. Makes little sense. May as well pick "Hearts be Gay"!

Stand means"fight" and "Fall" means die. I know you know that but you are of course almost as funny as Ronnie Corbett (the unfunny one in The Two Ronnies).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here