Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Staff bull terriers, time to ban them being pets

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
I have 2 SBT's and have owned them for many years and i wouldn't own another breed, friendly, loyal, great with children and comical. Staffy's are a KC registered breed, PITBULL TERRIERS are a hybrid and are bred for one thing only... to fight. It seems to me that a hell of a lot of people just can't seem to distinguish between a Staffordshire Bull Terrier and Pitbull Terrier and seem to lump the Staffy in when there is one of these tragic attacks.

I get it all the time when i take my two out, people picking their dogs up because they think mine are going tio rip their dog's head off, kids screaming their nuts off when all they would do is lick him/her to death and i have lost count of how many times people have asked me 'are they pitbulls!'

Ignorance is a dangerous thing

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Rather than ban anything, just muzzle up the dog when kids are around(at the house) , no matter how well the dog is brought up it has the potential to strike at any moment. Or you could put kids and dogs in seperate rooms

But why have the dog at all if you are going to do that. Unless of course it is for reasons other than being a pet.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I have 2 SBT's and have owned them for many years and i wouldn't own another breed, friendly, loyal, great with children and comical. Staffy's are a KC registered breed, PITBULL TERRIERS are a hybrid and are bred for one thing only... to fight. It seems to me that a hell of a lot of people just can't seem to distinguish between a Staffordshire Bull Terrier and Pitbull Terrier and seem to lump the Staffy in when there is one of these tragic attacks.

I get it all the time when i take my two out, people picking their dogs up because they think mine are going tio rip their dog's head off, kids screaming their nuts off when all they would do is lick him/her to death and i have lost count of how many times people have asked me 'are they pitbulls!'

Ignorance is a dangerous thing

In this case I believe ignorance is quite a sensible approach. If you cant tell the difference between the two breeds and what you say about the pitbull is correct then not only picking up your dog but walking across the road seems sensible to me.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Its the owners who should be banned not the dogs, having said that every breed of dog is capable of hurting a child......just need to be sensible with a bit of common sense which unfotunatly these chavvy dog owners havnt got. I got a rottweiler who has never bitten anyone in his life and is brilliant with all people, kids and other dogs but i still would never leave young kids on there own with him.
Its not the dogs fault that these twats breed them to try and look good with there chavvy mates......something needs to be done to control dog ownwers just as much as the dogs.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
In this case I believe ignorance is quite a sensible approach. If you cant tell the difference between the two breeds and what you say about the pitbull is correct then not only picking up your dog but walking across the road seems sensible to me.

I get what you are saying but yet again its the SBT who gets victimised again isn't it?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Yes, very wise but we were talking about a young child originally. Right now a relative of mine is staying with us and he and his wife have an 18 month old son. The child loves the dogs which are two very friendly Alsations. Even a dog lover like me doesn't encourage him to play with the dogs because as well as I might think I know them you can never trust any dog 100%. Factor in also that whilst my two are tame he. being a young child might approach a similar sized dog with a very different disposition and that would not be good.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Its the owners who should be banned not the dogs, having said that every breed of dog is capable of hurting a child......just need to be sensible with a bit of common sense which unfotunatly these chavvy dog owners havnt got. I got a rottweiler who has never bitten anyone in his life and is brilliant with all people, kids and other dogs but i still would never leave young kids on there own with him.
Its not the dogs fault that these twats breed them to try and look good with there chavvy mates......something needs to be done to control dog ownwers just as much as the dogs.

Good post Smythe

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
american-pit-bull-terrier.jpg

1198057025irish_staffordshire_bull_terrier.jpg

To be fair, it's pretty hard to tell the difference between a Pitbull and a Staffs, who can tell which is which?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

To be fair, it's pretty hard to tell the difference between a Pitbull and a Staffs, who can tell which is which?

Staff has shorter legs. A Pitball is always accompanied by a complete tosser.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Stupid scouse tw@ts, backyard breeding of potentially dangerous dogs which were probably only intended to be sold to irrsponsible chavscum as status symbols. No sympathy. Might wake up a few more of the t*ssers before their kids are devoured!

Gives responsible dog owners and breeders a bad name unfortunately.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Staff has shorter legs.

Not always - we have two Staffs and one of them has markedly longer legs than the other. But they are both much smaller than a pitbull.

They are amazingly sweet-natured and lovely dogs, but I wouldn't even leave our Newfoundland or Cocker with a small child. You can't trust children, or dogs.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
But why have the dog at all if you are going to do that. Unless of course it is for reasons other than being a pet.

Because it's not always the dogs owned by maladjusted people that attack. There are dogs with middle class supposedly well adapted owners that have no history of aggression but then just obliterate a childs face for on apparent reason. Hence a muzzle in the house when around children just to be on the safe side.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009

The bottom (or right as I have posted) is the Staff. This is obvious due to the Pitbull having a stupid chain round it's neck. :dunce:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Not always - we have two Staffs and one of them has markedly longer legs than the other. But they are both much smaller than a pitbull.

They are amazingly sweet-natured and lovely dogs, but I wouldn't even leave our Newfoundland or Cocker with a small child. You can't trust children, or dogs.

Newfies are known as 'Gentle Giants' and famous for being good with children, unless they sit on them of course ! Cocker yes I agree, mischeivious little sods.

I get it all the time when i take my two out, people picking their dogs up because they think mine are going tio rip their dog's head off, kids screaming their nuts off when all they would do is lick him/her to death and i have lost count of how many times people have asked me 'are tIhey pitbulls!'

Ignorance is a dangerous thing[/QUOTE

I've a half staffie half English bull terrier and he is the same. He loves all our friends kids. My nieces came to stay recently and he spent the week following the youngest around letting her dress him up and sleeping on her bed. I hope I always have one they're bloody brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here