Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Staff bull terriers, time to ban them being pets

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I have 2 SBT's and have owned them for many years and i wouldn't own another breed, friendly, loyal, great with children and comical. Staffy's are a KC registered breed, PITBULL TERRIERS are a hybrid and are bred for one thing only... to fight. It seems to me that a hell of a lot of people just can't seem to distinguish between a Staffordshire Bull Terrier and Pitbull Terrier and seem to lump the Staffy in when there is one of these tragic attacks.

I get it all the time when i take my two out, people picking their dogs up because they think mine are going tio rip their dog's head off, kids screaming their nuts off when all they would do is lick him/her to death and i have lost count of how many times people have asked me 'are they pitbulls!'

Ignorance is a dangerous thing

pitbulls were bred as cattle dogs, not as fighting dogs. they just happened to be very good at it. agreed nowadays they are bred for fighting or for an extension of human agression, but its a myth they are a fighting breed. they were bred so a f***ing cow can kick them full on in the head and they dont give a f***.

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
My parents have a staffy his as soft a shit, but you never know! if he lost it he could do some serious damage.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Having just narrowly avoided stepping in some horrible stuff in the middle of the pavement, I think they should all be banned.

What, pavements ? I have one dog that alhouugh it has loads of grass to run around on it prefers to use the concrete path to defocate on, I am now an expert in the game of Dog Poo Hockey.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Perhaps it's time to re-introduce gog licences. Not the poxy seven and six (37 1/2 pence to the kids on here), but one's that cost enough to make you think seriously about acquiring a dog.

And a test for the owners too, before qualifying for the licence. That would have to cost a fair wedge too - it'd have to be a serious test, and us taxpayerws wouldn't want to subsidise it....................

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Perhaps it's time to re-introduce gog licences. Not the poxy seven and six (37 1/2 pence to the kids on here), but one's that cost enough to make you think seriously about acquiring a dog.

And a test for the owners too, before qualifying for the licence. That would have to cost a fair wedge too - it'd have to be a serious test, and us taxpayerws wouldn't want to subsidise it....................

its no coincidence that the dangerous dogs scare (not dismissing it as it is founded in truth) coincided with the abolition of dog licences.

staffs if they get your teeth into you are f***ing trouble. now i can kick a jack russell off no problem, but for all the 'oh staffs just want a cuddle' rubbish you try doing that with an adult male staff.

I have a boxer/staff cross and irony of ironys the only trouble she has had, has been with staffs. great with people, shit with other dogs. not the owner or all that cobblers, but because they can be very agressive with other dogs, as i have found when i have had to prise two out of my dogs mouth.

i have seen a ridgeback attacked by staffs in my local park and that was not funny at all.

staffs are mouth and trousers, lovely to have in your house but SHIT around other dogs, often. and because of their jaw strength you have to be careful with them round people too. to kid yourself otherwise is silly at best.

you get a dog like that you take responsibility. my dog never goes off lead without a muzzle, and it amazes me that others dont do the same. just because something hasnt happened yet, doesnt mean it wont. it baffles me that people dont get that, or are in denial.

i have had all sorts of dogs and they are all capable of turning and biting. But if you think a staff is no worse than your common or garden then you are deluded.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here