Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium Tour yesterday - pictures and some wage info

Weretheweststand

Unregistered User
Aug 23, 2011
Hailsham
I went on the 3.00 stadium tour yesterday and i found out some info about wages:

*The clubs wages are strictly capped at £12,000pw and no player is currently payed more than that.

*There are 3 players currently being payed that amount.

might shut some ipswich or other fans up a bit.

(i'm only saying what was said, i dont know whether it is 100% true or not)

Here are some photos of the stadium developments progress :

Picasa Web Albums - George Bowman - Stadium Tour ...

Edit:
One extra thing I forgot to say earlier is that they are also putting in 2 pits behind the north stand goal which are sunk into the ground for press and sky to get a different view of the action

Last edited:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Might shut up some of the wild speculation from our lot as well!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Don't wish to doubt you, but why would the tour guide a) know that info and b) divulge it?!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Was this info said has part of the tour or in an aside between you and the guide? Seems odd if it's the former.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't know the amount, but Naylor has said in the Argus, quite a few times, that the club do operate a strict wage cap.

seagull phil

Aug 8, 2010
worthing
hi find that hard to beleive most people know CMS is on at least 20 a week any transfer news on our new striker team is starting to take shape

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I went on the 3.00 stadium tour yesterday and i found out some info about wages from the tour guide:

*The clubs wages are strictly capped at £12,000pw and no player is currently payed more than that.

*There are 3 players currently being payed that amount and they are Greer, Mackail-Smith and Vicente.

might shut some ipswich or other fans up a bit.

Also some pictures of extra seats progress to follow :)

In The Argus there was a bit about BHA & Vicente negotiating a new contract. If he's already on the max what do the club have to negotiate with - a couple of tanks of petrol and free suppers at Donatello's?

Fair enough telling you the wage cap at 12k, but to name the players............. Find that very odd.

Exactly, if I was one of the players mentioned and found out that a f***ing tour guide was telling any Tom, Dick or Harry what I earned I would be mighty pissed off for 1) How in the hell would he know and 2) He felt it necessary to tell random strangers.

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
I'll believe the pictures when you post them, but the rest of it...... noooo.
I think leigull got it right.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Exactly, if I was one of the players mentioned and found out that a f***ing tour guide was telling any Tom, Dick or Harry what I earned I would be mighty pissed off for 1) How in the hell would he know and 2) He felt it necessary to tell random strangers.

Anybody will any sense will know that the wages of an individual player will be known by:

1. His Agent
2. The Player
3. The Board
4. The manager (possibly)
5. The payroll department/accounts department

A tour guide (if not one of the above) will not know
A tour guide who has found out and is giving out the info will find his P45 in the post pdq

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
this may be the case but the club can make bonuses to players so in reality they could be payed a lot more

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here