Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium application and car park application recommended for approval

The A-Z of planning Co, planning solicitors

Minded to grant
Often planning committees resolve that they are "minded to grant" planning permission subject to the completion of a planning agreement. Planning officers have delegated powers to issue planning permission when the agreement is finalised. A minded to grant resolution does not constitute a planning permission.

In this instance, I suspect it means subject to other conditions such as transport etc. Need Lord Bracknell or Alex Dawson on here for clarification.
It's difficult to see from the planning application what the club is actually proposing as far as transport improvements are concerned - other than "lets have some parking at the old Falmer School site" and "get the extra fans to use the spare capacity on the buses and trains that is there already". Oh - and maybe let's look for another P&R site.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I've got to smile at another planning application.

The club is applying for a variation on the restriction of pyrotechnics and fireworks at the stadium, principally for the Fatboy Slim gigs on 1st and 2nd June.

Target consideration date - 22nd June.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4848498 said:
images
Oi, that's my line

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I've got to smile at another planning application.

The club is applying for a variation on the restriction of pyrotechnics and fireworks at the stadium, principally for the Fatboy Slim gigs on 1st and 2nd June.

Target consideration date - 22nd June.
Odd, it should only take 8 weeks from submission as surely that won't need to go to committee?!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Minded to grant usually means it subject to additional information and/or the signing of a S106 legal agreement. S106 is used by the Council to secure monies to upgrade or provide infrastructure to make the stadium work, ie. money to fun platform improvements etc.

It's all good news,then.Ground expansion AND a fun platform.

I want a go.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
What's the difference between a recommendation of "Grant" and "Minded to grant"?

Possibly a few decades of the development of our English language? "Minded to Grant" sounds sooooo 20th Century! Good news though that the arse-coverers in planning have been able to make a decision in our favour.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
South Downs authority calls for changes to Albion training ground plans From The Argus)

Apparently if the bats manage to avoid the planes at Shoreham airport they may collide with the safety netting.

They are concerned that the panoramic view of East Lancing from the South Downs will be affected. It's easy to forget that East Lancing is one of the wonders of the World. Seriously though I hope this is a matter that can be reasonably resolved without prejudice to the project.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
On my tour, I was told East Stand upper would not be done this year, just the corners taking the gate to approx 26K. That may have changed.

I went on the tour towards the end of January, and the guide said that if permission is granted in April (as they were expecting), then the 2nd tier on the East and the southern corners would be done this summer in time for the new season.

Seems like quite a tight timescale though, wouldn't be surprised if there is some slippage.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I went on the tour towards the end of January, and the guide said that if permission is granted in April (as they were expecting), then the 2nd tier on the East and the southern corners would be done this summer in time for the new season.

Seems like quite a tight timescale though, wouldn't be surprised if there is some slippage.

First, great news. Second Perry recently mentioned in the match day programme that it's on target and that the contract with Buckingham has been agreed already ie they are set to go immediately when the season ends.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Does an aerial view exist of the proposed new car park, in relation to the stadium site?

I'm assuming next year Bennetts Field will be used for buses and coach parking, rather than cars? With 1901ers getting to use the new car park?

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I assume the fun platform is part of the proposed giant slide from the top of the West Stand to the station ...

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The Stadium is going to look special with another tier on the East Stand, it will not look out of place in the Premier League if we go up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here