Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs players all pissed and that

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Last time I looked Chappers - or anyone else on NSP - was not a professional sportsman on £60k a week or a role model to thousands of kids.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of their behaviour you would think they would be savvy enough to have a private party somewhere and not stumble out into a throng of photographers....

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Last time I looked Chappers - or anyone else on NSP - was not a professional sportsman on £60k a week or a role model to thousands of kids.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of their behaviour you would think they would be savvy enough to have a private party somewhere and not stumble out into a throng of photographers....

You're are right of course, they should not be regarded as human beings but robots.

I don't disagree they should have been cleverer about it but at the end of the day it's not like they have done anything that bad.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Well done Chappers, rather than engage just feign indifference.

I have clearly mistaken you for an intelligent human being who can engage in debate.

Oh well, I'm sure it's no great loss to you if I don't engage you is it?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Who had been camped outside.....

Even SSN have cameras out side to catch live action.....

I think most fans dont care what the players do unless it brings shame to the club or country.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
BTW If anyone I know did appear in the papers all pissed and all over the place I would, quite rightly, mock them for it.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Oh no, not the children, think of the children. As long as they're not doing anything illegal then they can do what they want, it's the rest of society that's painted them as role models, it's not their fault. If I was a pro footballer I'd be getting pissed and roasting as many girls as I could - just to prove a point.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Oh no, not the children, think of the children. As long as their not doing anything illegal then they can do what they want, it's the rest of society that's painted them as role models, it's not their fault. If I was a pro footballer I'd be getting pissed and roasting as many girls as I could - just to prove a point.

And you would be my hero

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
With everyone moaning about young kids getting pissed and fighting in town centres on friday and saturday nights, how can anyone blame them when they see their favourite footballers doing it?

They earn enough, surley they could have hired a club and had a private party?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
With everyone moaning about young kids getting pissed and fighting in town centres on friday and saturday nights, how can anyone blame them when they see their favourite footballers doing it?

They earn enough, surley they could have hired a club and had a private party?
Sorry but I entirely disagree with this argument. Blaming footballers for kids getting pissed at the weekends is the easy way out and when you think about it, it just doesn't make sense. Do you honestly think that every kid, or adult for that matter, goes round doing stuff because they've seen a footballer do it? I used to drink in the town center when I was a kid and most likely it was the behaviour of my older brother and friends that I was copying. Parents are responsible for their children's behaviour, not celebrities.

Dandyman

In London village.
Even though Ledley King clearly does.

Assuming you're not just being a little tinker, MAX, does the fact that King has come back from a career threatening injury to captain a cup winning team just possibly give a reason for celebration?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Sorry but I entirely disagree with this argument. Blaming footballers for kids getting pissed at the weekends is the easy way out and when you think about it, it just doesn't make sense. Do you honestly think that every kid, or adult for that matter, goes round doing stuff because they've seen a footballer do it? I used to drink in the town center when I was a kid and most likely it was the behaviour of my older brother and friends that I was copying. Parents are responsible for their children's behaviour, not celebrities.

I wasnt saying it was the only reason that they did it, but people cant moan about kids doing it and then sticking up for fotballers when they do it!

What about kids who are 10 years old who see their idols doing it, what views on drinking are they going to have??

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Assuming you're not just being a little tinker, MAX, does the fact that King has come back from a career threatening injury to captain a cup winning team just possibly give a reason for celebration?

I never said it didn't.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I wasnt saying it was the only reason that they did it, but people cant moan about kids doing it and then sticking up for fotballers when they do it!

What about kids who are 10 years old who see their idols doing it, what views on drinking are they going to have??
Footballers are adults (most of them), they are legally allowed to drink, it is illegal for kids to get pissed up in the street, there is a big difference.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Christ what a binfest.
King was acting like a nobber. Chappers drew attention to it. Just like when everyone piles in when pictures of Britney are posted with her rat hanging out - they are rich and famous, so when they act like twats in the public limelight, and pictures get posted, then they're going to attract some disparaging remarks.

For the record, like most people I've been absolutely off my tits in nightclubs before. But I've never got thrown out as a result and then brawled with the bouncers. If or when I do, then I'd be fully deserving of a few "NOBBER" remarks during and after the scuffle.

Or you can get it over with and just call me a NOBBER right now.
Go on, you know you want to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here