Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spotted . . .

Sir Sarcy

Hip-Hopopotamus
Jul 10, 2003
The Field
I was flicking through the fan pictures from Tuesday nights game and i noticed a couple of guys towards the front of one of the pics. I almost didn't want to put this up as its just unpleasant really.

Not In My Name.jpg

Now, i hope the picture just caught the pair of them at an unfortunate, almost comical, moment and if you are one of the guys please ease my fears but if not can i just say . . . . We dont want you supporting our club.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Maybe just chanting Seagulls seagulls ?

Oh, just spotted me in there too. Directly above your red box clapping my hands obscuring my face!

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Are they throwing ticker-tape out?

I can see the point you're trying to make, SS [excuse the pun], but I'd consider blurring the faces. On a public forum this is potentially libellous, I'd have thought.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Reminds me of the football journalist who commented in a daily newspaper about the extreme right wing Albion supporters at the New Den :lolol:

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
look at all these people with their mobile phones filming or taking pics!! cant we have one dedicated photographer and the rest clapping!!!!!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
So, how many people DON'T have their hands raised? :wave::wozza:

Sir Sarcy

Hip-Hopopotamus
Jul 10, 2003
The Field
Firstly this is a picture taken by a proper photographer which has been published on the Albion website and i haven't said anything definite or edited it in anyway so its available for public viewing and people to make their own minds up.

For what its worth everyone else appears to be clapping rather than giving it a 'Seagulls!' so presumably the team are coming out or going off and anyway at that point and they are not clapping.

Throwing ticker-tape is good but there would be a lot of it in front or below them surely plus both of them appear to be deliberately standing side on. Im just asking a question, if you know the guys or are one of them please please correct me and i will whole heartedly apologise.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Firstly this is a picture taken by a proper photographer which has been published on the Albion website and i haven't said anything definite or edited it in anyway so its available for public viewing and people to make their own minds up.

For what its worth everyone else appears to be clapping rather than giving it a 'Seagulls!' so presumably the team are coming out or going off and anyway at that point and they are not clapping.

Throwing ticker-tape is good but there would be a lot of it in front or below them surely plus both of them appear to be deliberately standing side on. Im just asking a question, if you know the guys or are one of them please please correct me and i will whole heartedly apologise.

It's like 'CSI: Brighton' :wink:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

I am assuming you are implying they are sort of possibly giving a nazi style salute and may possibly be chanting something other than Seagulls. As I said, I'm stood three rows behind them and would like to reassure you I heard or saw nothing of the sort.

As for timing, it is defintately not the team going off as the person to my left was not there at the end of the game.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Throwing ticker-tape is good but there would be a lot of it in front or below them surely

Are we looking at different pictures? The majority of the ticker tape is in front of them. There's the odd bit floating up, but the majority of it is right in front and below them. I'd say being sideways on would be most effective way to throw ticker tape if you want decent spread, over arm throws it down, underarm throws it up over your own head, sideways gives you a wide area to cover. But then, I'm now ticker tape throwing expert. Actually, I'm quite lousy at throwing most things.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Actually, I'm quite lousy at throwing most things.

As am i. I tried to throw a pakistan cricket match the other day but they actually won

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Are we looking at different pictures? The majority of the ticker tape is in front of them. There's the odd bit floating up, but the majority of it is right in front and below them. I'd say being sideways on would be most effective way to throw ticker tape if you want decent spread, over arm throws it down, underarm throws it up over your own head, sideways gives you a wide area to cover. But then, I'm now ticker tape throwing expert. Actually, I'm quite lousy at throwing most things.

I think we need wind direction data from the night in question. Call Quincy MD. And Columbo.

WICKBHA

Mar 29, 2011
I was flicking through the fan pictures from Tuesday nights game and i noticed a couple of guys towards the front of one of the pics. I almost didn't want to put this up as its just unpleasant really.

View attachment 22563

Now, i hope the picture just caught the pair of them at an unfortunate, almost comical, moment and if you are one of the guys please ease my fears but if not can i just say . . . . We dont want you supporting our club.

you work for The Sun?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here