Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sports Personality of the Year Latest Odds

luke17

Oct 9, 2003
AP or Phil Taylor. What they have done for racing and darts will never be matched in any other sports by any other person

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
can ANYONE exlain why darts is not (either technically / legally?) a sport..?

If snooker is a sport of course darts is. Both owned by Barry Hearn too and big businesses.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Grey haired, glasses England cricketer.
Playing a 'bit of a joke' role, but had the last laugh by holding England's batting together in that particular series.

What was your 'glaring' miss?
Mine was Joe Calzaghe

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Grey haired, glasses England cricketer.
Playing a 'bit of a joke' role, but had the last laugh by holding England's batting together in that particular series.

What was your 'glaring' miss?
Mine was Joe Calzaghe

Yep, we all have a "glaring miss". Mine was Jackie Stewart. As a racing fan, that was fairly poor really.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Mark Cavendish should have won last year by a country mile. A true sportsman whose achievements last year in the T de F was amazing.
Giggs has been a great servant, maybe a lifetime achievement award for services to football, but no way did he deserve to win it outright last year.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
BBC Sport - Sports Personality of the Year - BBC unveils Sports Personality of the Year 2010 top 10

SPOTY CONTENDERS - PROFILES
Mark Cavendish
Tom Daley
Jessica Ennis
David Haye
AP McCoy
Graeme McDowell
Graeme Swann
Phil Taylor
Lee Westwood
Amy Williams

Ridiculous that Mo Farah has been left off the shortlist.

Very light list this year. this could go to anyone. It's surprising how our 3 major sports ( Footy, Cricketball and Eggchasing) can only contribute 1 contender between them.

And, where's Bob Nudd ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Very light list this year. this could go to anyone. It's surprising how our 3 major sports ( Footy, Cricketball and Eggchasing) can only contribute 1 contender between them.

And, where's Bob Nudd ?

Bob Nudd ? ha ha grandad........... its Will Raison now.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
David Haye gets on the list? For beating Audley Harrison? They're having a laugh

It should be Cav to make up for being left off last season but it won't be

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Has Swan bowled himself into contention??

Or to little to late?

People have very short memories, which is why I don't think Amy Williams will do very well, if we win the next test (and retain the ashes) and Swann takes another Michelle then he could be well up their and very fresh in peoples minds when they pick up the phone (assuming the next test is before the deadline)

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
I reckon Rob Green should get it.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
So David Haye beat Ruiz and Harrison.

Mo Farah won gold in the 10,000 and 5,000m in the European Championships (the 5th man in history to achieve that feat). First ever British athlete to run the 5,000m in less than 13 minutes. Broke the British road record for the 10,000m and won the European Cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here