Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sports Personality of the Year Latest Odds

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
For me Swanny or Jess but although I am not a racing follower I do concede AP does desrve a chance.

Oh but Mo Farah.......

Sit on the fence? me?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Tony McCoy would be a far more deserving 'career' choice than Giggs was. Champion jockey 15 years in a row, and finally wins the National this year. I would feel very sorry for him if he came up short, and he certainly should have won it before now, instead of bloody Zara Philips, for example.

However, if it doesn't go to Graeme McDowell this year then there is something very wrong.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Not a vintage year looking at the list.

Might as well give it to Phil Taylor - but he has no chance as he is never seen on the BBC.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Another vintage year for British sportsmen (and women), it's a tough call but I'd give it to Tom Daley.

:bowdown:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I don't see how they could give it to McCoy when they've never given it to Phil Taylor.

Of the actual sports people on the list Swann all the way

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
I don't see how they could give it to McCoy when they've never given it to Phil Taylor.

Of the actual sports people on the list Swann all the way

Perhaps because the nature of what he does is rather different. I'm not anti-darts at all, greatly enjoy it in fact and think Taylor's achievements are incredible, but the biggest danger he faces is the unlikely chance that a dart will come back off the wire and impale itself in his forehead. That, and cirrhosis.

Jump jockeys have an ambulance following them around whenever they go to work. They race through the worst of the winter weather, on the biggest, heaviest horses, and expect to suffer a fall from between 1 in 10 and 1 in 20 of all the horses they ride. Frequently, they hit the turf first, and then the horse lands on top of them.

Despite all this, and having suffered his full share of injuries, McCoy has been the champion NH jockey every season since he became a senior rider. And the season before that, he was champion conditional [ie. apprentice].

And because he's so tall, he can't even enjoy a decent meal when he gets home in the evening. Gets my vote over Taylor every time.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Anthony Peter McCoy.

Tony mccoy!
I'm actually none the wiser! :lolol: Who is he and what's he done? I'm guessing it's something motor racing or tennis as I have less than zero interest in those sports and apart from Lewis Hamilton and Andy Murray I wouldn't recognise any names.

Yes I know I could google it but I can't be arsed. I'm sure others would want to know as well.

EDIT: Just read Tooting's response. Apparently he's a jockey. (Another sport in which I have no interest). At least he's not a darts 'player'.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Swann or Jess for me, Perhaps If either Hamilton or Button win the F1 there'll be a late surge for them. Though i think there's more chance of me growing a tail than that happening

Phil Taylor will never win it as unless you have sky & are into darts the masses don't actually know of his accolades & acheivements

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I wish they would rename it Sports person of the year, when has the top personality ever won it.

I prefer to see people like atheletes win.

Yes McCoy wins lots of races but he also gets the pick of horses lifetime achievement yes but not this title.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I wish they would rename it Sports person of the year, when has the top personality ever won it.

I prefer to see people like atheletes win.

Yes McCoy wins lots of races but he also gets the pick of horses lifetime achievement yes but not this title.

Personality means 'a famous person'!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here