Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spiders Attack

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
My missus woke me up screaming and manically rubbing her arms and shoulders last night in bed saying there was a spider in the bed.

I told her to pack it in as if there was it would be long gone now. She eventually calmed down and started to go back to sleep. 2 minutes later I thought I felt something on the duvet. I ignored it then 10 seconds later realised that there was something!! And that it was just starting to crawl over my face!

I just got my hand, grabbed it in a loose fist and threw it, I heard it hit the wardrobe with a satisfying thunk and then drop on to the floor and thought nothing more about it.

When I got up this morning it wasn't where I had thrown it so I imagine its now still in the bedroom, extremely annoyed with me and waiting on my return to bed this evening!!!!

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
I found a false widow in my bathroom last week. I didn't know that's what it was until I googled it because it looked horrible. Turns out the damn things bite. Hate the damn things.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
spiders i dont mind these *******s however make my flesh crawl
imagesCAXOVON0.jpg
My daughter was bitten on the tongue by one of these fellas. It was hiding in a snorkel.

They usually have a very poisonous bite, but very luckily, it gave her a 'dry' bite.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I went out of the back door and through my outhouse the other day to work in my garden but, realising I had forgotten something turned and came back in after about 10 seconds. In that time a False Widow had descended from the top of the door frame to hang just at face height in the middle of the doorway. Close call, but, a good spray of Raid dealt with the problem. Vape 'em gentlemen, no quarter !

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Mating time for spiders right now. Had all summer to fatten up, now its time for eight legged love. All very active in their pursuit of a partner, hence they keep turning up indoors.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Those bloody horrible False Widows are rapidly gaining in numbers. We must stand up and fight before it's too late, and they inevitably take over!

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I'm not usually bothered by spiders but had an odd experience the week before last... Saw one of the big ones scuttling across my bedroom floor, so I got the pint glass and bit of paper and caught it. Took it out to the back garden to be ejected, opened the back door and held it out in front of me ready to be thrown - when out of nowhere another one of the *******s lands on my peice of paper! Took me completely by surprise. Must have been purely coincidence but for a few seconds I was convinced the second one was staging some kind of rescue attempt...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
KILL them all !

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
There is a huge number of false widows in and around Brighton and all along the south coast.
They were accidentally imported 150 years ago and are now considered as an established native species.
As a decorator I have come across at least one on every redecoration job I do.
They especially love hanging out under soffits and fascias externally.
I've lost count of the amount of times they've dropped down just missing me.
Touch wood, still ain't been bitten yet.
The other thing to add is that like wasps, they seem to be pretty grumpy.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There is a huge number of false widows in and around Brighton and all along the south coast.
They were accidentally imported 150 years ago and are now considered as an established native species.
As a decorator I have come across at least one on every redecoration job I do.
They especially love hanging out under soffits and fascias externally.
I've lost count of the amount of times they've dropped down just missing me.

Touch wood, still ain't been bitten yet.
The other thing to add is that like wasps, they seem to be pretty grumpy.

Get a can of that Raid with the very thin pointable nozzle and smoke 'em out, get your retaliation in first !

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
Yep.... All out war does appear to be the best way forward.
The first one I ever saw went for my one inch filing blade.
And I felt the tap from its fangs as it struck. Some real power in its jaws

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Those bloody horrible False Widows are rapidly gaining in numbers. We must stand up and fight before it's too late, and they inevitably take over!

It's too late now. Ones like in my avatar are being spotted in Britain because of our warmish summer, carried over in luggage from hotter countries and surviving. :)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Kill, maim and disfigure ! burn the horrible gits ..........especially those with the big fat shiny arses, Vape 'em ! it's the only way to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here