Gorgeous spider we found when on a nightwalk out in a rainforest in Borneo

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347020498566.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347020498566.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 179

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
3 huge house spiders in 5 days. Where are all these feckers coming from. ( I know it's getting near mating season.) But I really don't like them. Especially the ones that look like they would be a match for a pet cat.

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
3 huge house spiders in 5 days. Where are all these feckers coming from. ( I know it's getting near mating season.) But I really don't like them. Especially the ones that look like they would be a match for a pet cat.

2 mahoosive ones yesterday, one of which ran across my daughters iPod as she was facetiming a friend. One call for the dog ( a cocker spaniel) and the problem is eliminated.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
What a bunch of screaming pansies you lot are. If those two homophobes from Derby that got FBOs recently will be moving to have their case dismissed if they read this.

Ooh help, there's a big SPIDER IN MY HOUSE eek! Call the butch firemen with their big hoses..eek mummy! MAN THE **** UP!

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
f me pick them up and put them outside there is no spider in the uk that can bite you

The False Black Widow spider is increasing in numbers in the UK. They can bite, and they can be nasty, as someone who belongs to our tarantula facebook group found out last week:

1238760_159489447582730_1525127137_n.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've found the opposite this year. Loads of midges, wasps and other flying bugs around, but no change in the spider numbers.

I suspect the arachnids are getting a bit lazy, and frankly it's not on. They're just not doing their job. It'll soon be prime cranefly season, and if I don't see some spiders working a bit harder, then the next one I find in the bath is going straight down the plughole :angry:

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I hate spiders so much. Haven't seen any in the bedroom so far, had a big black one in the lounge though (one of the quick *******s). Killed it nice and quick.

We're talking about spiders here.

Tsp92

Aug 1, 2013
The Midlands
September is spider month naturally. I can't get rid of the bloody bleeders, big nasty ones as well! Luckily, once September is over and the weather turns cooler they generally dissapear bar the odd appearance for most of the winter. Thank god, can't stand them.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
f me pick them up and put them outside there is no spider in the uk that can bite you

Er..wrong. There are 12 British spider types who can bite you enough to know you've been bitten.

None of em are DANGEROUS though, excepting the false widow which can cause anaphylaxis.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
It dawned on me earlier looking up and seeing 4 spiders in each corner of the lounge... that were outnumbered VASTLY by Spiders and recently have seen an increase of them within the house and it hit me!

We are being attacked by Spiders, i've killed 15 this week and taking the fight to them rather than being overun... KILL them before they KILL you...

Good luck my friends... It's not to late.

Jesus, man up. We need spiders, don't kill them you idiot.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
My brother thinks he was bitten by a spider around a month ago. As the photo taken today shows, he is still suffering from the effects and is now on anti-biotics. Nasty buggers - spiders that is.

2013-09-06 17.11.02.jpg

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
I friend of mine, who is the manager of Drusillas, showed me a nasty abscess on her arm recently. She said it was from a spider bite. When I asked which one in the Zoo had bitten her, she replied none, it was one in her shed that she came across whilst cleaning it out! I believe that it was either a false widow, or one of the ones that hunt woodlice, hence having very powerful fangs. They are all poisonous to varying degrees, it depends how big their fangs are as to whether you get bitten. Of course some are more aggressive than others.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
We have loads of those false widows disgusting things....obviously HAVE to kill them don't want them to bite the kids. But then I HAVE to Kill all of the disgusting 8 legged freaks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here