Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spelling and Grammer

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Its not so much the spelling but the use of text speak, like coz, wat m8, gr8 etc that get up my nose, find myslf not bothering to read them, as said 10 years education,it ain't too much to ask for the basics.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Just a thought, and a question aimed at our more learned NSCers...

I've just received a letter from B & H Council that is full of grammatical errors, and was wondering if it would stand up in a court of law?

I did have genuine difficulty getting to the crux of what they were on about and, as such, wonder if anything contained in it could be enforceable?

Thanks in advance...

northampton_seagull

Jun 17, 2008
Northampton
Just a thought, and a question aimed at our more learned NSCers...

I've just received a letter from B & H Council that is full of grammatical errors, and was wondering if it would stand up in a court of law?

I did have genuine difficulty getting to the crux of what they were on about and, as such, wonder if anything contained in it could be enforceable?

Thanks in advance...

What have they said?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
There is also the wierd thing about typing where instead of spelling the word correctly, you end up inserting a different word just right.

I find myself doing it all the time.

I now the difference between were and where, but my hands are two steps ahead of my brain.

Since words that sound similiar require similiar typing patterns on the keyboard, I'll often type (for instance) "familiar", when what I really want to type is "family".

Does anyone find themselves doing that ?

I agree spelling and grammar are pretty abysmal these days, but mistakes can be made simply because of the fact you are using a keyboard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here