Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spelling and Grammer

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
but completely understand what you are saying

is it me or does anyone else find the users who are the most angry and hateful are the ones with the poorer spelling? , is this due to them wanting to get it off their chest as quickly as possible?

Last edited:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I have other things to worry about than someones Grammar or spelling FFS!!

And this is not directed at you Braders....it just makes me so angry when people make such a big issue about something that in reality is not that important....it's a football forum site FFS! I mean....really? ? ?

Evil Edna

Roll the dice!
Jul 15, 2007
Where poet's live.
It deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm

I had this as my signature for a while.

For me I find spelling hard, even with a spellchecker as some words are similar and sometimes pick the wrong word and have the piss taken out of me for it.
So I never complain when I see peoples mistakes. Like someone said on here, some of us might not be good at this type of thing but are good at things in other areas in life.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
People's spelling and grammar on here is shite. What are your excuses for writing incoherent toss???? :laugh:

I had a pathetic excuse for an English teacher, she wasn't even English, she was an Aussie so always spoke using wierd Australian words that we didn't understand :lolol:

Wasn't very helpful

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I read a report in a newspaper quoting the Government Education Minister as saying that language 'evolves', meaning the bastardisation of correct grammar and spelling is not something he took too seriously and was part of a natural process...

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I have other things to worry about than someones Grammar or spelling FFS!!

And this is not directed at you Braders....it just makes me so angry when people make such a big issue about something that in reality is not that important....it's a football forum site FFS! I mean....really? ? ?

That is a particularly stupid attitude.

PutYourHandsUp...

Jun 6, 2009
yea.....(sorry i mean, yes) some of us are dyslexic!!! isn't there more important things in life to worry about rather than a few wrongly spelled words!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
That is a particularly stupid attitude.

What actually is so stupid about it, just a query as this is obviously something you have very strong feelings about?

I am personally really not bothered if someones spelling is not 100% accurate or their grammar is not in the A level book of how to speak English, just as a long as I can get their point on what is quite simply a board where people can openly discuss their opinions.

Just saying, I have more important worries in my life.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
What actually is so stupid about it, just a query as this is obviously something you have very strong feelings about?

I am personally really not bothered if someones spelling is not 100% accurate or their grammar is not in the A level book of how to speak English, just as a long as I can get their point on what is quite simply a board where people can openly discuss their opinions.

Just saying, I have more important worries in my life.

No, I don't have strong feelings about it. All I've said is that it is worrying that people can get through 10 years of schooling without knowing the basics.

But what is stupid about what you wrote is that you say you get worked up when other people say they get worked up. What's the difference? What makes your annoyance any more valid than theirs/theres/theyres?

The problem that people who can't spell have is that when you enter a written medium such as this, you make yourself look ignorant, whether you are or not. As one reviewer put it this week, "no one likes a spelling-Nazi schoolmarm. But you sound like a moron."

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
People post their efforts on here because they want others to read them. So why can't they do us the honour of reading through their stuff before posting it?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It is clear that English is evolving as a language, it has been doing so continuously since it was first used, my only worry is that it is now evolving at such a rate that in maybe 20 years I won't understand it any more.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
It is clear that English is evolving as a language, it has been doing so continuously since it was first used, my only worry is that it is now evolving at such a rate that in maybe 20 years I won't understand it any more.

What with the watering down of the caucasian/negroid/asian bloodlines and with LGBT factors to be considered also, it might be that the grammar/spelling issue might ultimately be of little importance!?

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Its lucky I don't have OCD about correcting grammar, I would have had a nervous breakdown by now with this site if I had to correct that many posts...

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Sorry....drives me mad as well....my favourites this weekend have been enough spelt anough and listen spelt lissen.....in thread titles no less!

My no.1 annoyance is people not knowing the difference between your and you're.

It does make me laugh....the most vicious people on here often seem to be the most stupid.....coincidence?

Evil Edna

Roll the dice!
Jul 15, 2007
Where poet's live.
Sorry....drives me mad as well....my favourites this weekend have been enough spelt anough and listen spelt lissen.....in thread titles no less!

My no.1 annoyance is people not knowing the difference between your and you're.

It does make me laugh....the most vicious people on here often seem to be the most stupid.....coincidence?

People putting four dots at the end of each sentence drive me do-la-la:US:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here