Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Spectacular' signing?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It has been suggested that the spectaular signing will be a £5m rated player and all the old names posted would have been in their prime but other than Berbatov none would fetch that kind of fee now. It would need to be a name that is well known who is still playing at high level. Somebody in the Shane Long, Berbatov, Nicholas Bendtner mould but a different type of player to CMS unlike Rhodes

Last edited:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It has been suhggested that the spectaular signing will bea £5m rasted player and all the old namers posted would have been in their prime but other than Berbatov none would fetch that kind of fee now. It would need to be a name that is well known who is still playing at high level. Somebody in the Shane Long, Berbatov, Nichpolas Bendtner mould but a different type of player to CMS unlike Rhodes

What did QPR pay for Bobby, wasn't that around 4/5million?....Maybe they just want to regain their outlay.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Well with the arrival of Kuszak, Saltor, Bridge and now Vicente looking like that's all sorted. I don't believe we will be signing Darius Henderson or Simon Church any time soon, that would be somewhat of an anti climax to say the least...Going on the assumption that this "gem" signing will be a striker I will throw a couple of names in the hat.

Bobby Zamora,
Louis Saha,
Simon Cox,
John Carew,
Emile Heskey.
Craig Bellamy,

and the way things are going at the moment Del Piero.....now I know that sounds insane, but what constitutes a "gem"..."spectacular"....signing?...Anything is possible atm.

for me the only gem in this list is BZ - would be the icing on the cake

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i have heard from a cleaner within the East Stand Brasseirere that Paul Scholes is coming out of retirement after a 2 year break and is gonna sign for the Albion. I cant tell you the name of my ketchup though. So dont ask. The min wage she / he gets from it goes towards feeding her 15 great danes.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Weren't we strongly linked with Cox in January. I know a lot of WBA fans were saying we had interest but Long was injured at the time.

Dame Judy Dench, she's to be our midfield general. You may scoff but it's as believable as any of the other names being bandied about on here :)

Yep, I can see that one happening Rowley - good shout.

The dream strike partnership up front?
Cannon and ball.
My sauces say Gus spent a lot of time at the panto last Christmas and liked what he saw.

Mike Channon & Alan Ball ? - now you are being silly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here