Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternative Bus Co + "supporter contributiion"

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So what we have here is a very good scheme indeed communicated a day or so too late. Who IS responsible for PR at the club? Is it Jo "good day to bury bad news" Moore?

Am I missing something here?

One of the points of communicating something is making sure you know exactly what it is you're intending to communicate.

Meanwhile, B&H Buses put half a story out on their website about certain Amex-bound bus routes while they and the club are still talking and finalising details.

So the club has had nothing to say (because negotiations were ongoing), and B&H Buses shouldn't have said anything (because negotiations were ongoing).

Have I got that right?

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Am I missing something here?

One of the points of communicating something is making sure you know exactly what it is you're intending to communicate.

Meanwhile, B&H Buses put half a story out on their website about certain Amex-bound bus routes while they and the club are still talking and finalising details.

So the club has had nothing to say (because negotiations were ongoing), and B&H Buses shouldn't have said anything (because negotiations were ongoing).

Have I got that right?

Exactly my point to ROSM earlier in this thread. How can the club be expected to proactively anticipate the communication strategy of other parties who may or may not be in the business of trying to portray the club badly from Gus Poyet to Brighton and Hove Buses!?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Not reading through 15 pages so not sure if this has already been said , so here goes
Went into seagull travel office this morning in Lancing and was told that they will be taking over the previous free bus service but with a small charge taking place this year of around £3/4
The £50 levy doesn't cover all the costs of hiring the buses, this system will garantee you a seat where as it was jump on free some people on route were left behind if the bus was full ( not my words so don't shoot the messenger)
So at say £4 a game it's gonna cost you £96
View attachment 44890

So let me get this straight...

This season I have to pay £125 (£50 increase on my season ticket and then £75 for Seagull Travel) extra for increased travel costs

Add this to the £200 for two children (2 x £25 season ticket increase + £75 for Seagull Travel)

Despite this I will be guaranteed a seat (even though I never missed a bus last season when I caught one)?

So in effect, the cost of supporting Brighton has this season increased for me by around £325 (and this is notwithstanding any increases in refreshments/match programme), despite there being a previous transport levy in the previous season ticket?

Have I understood that correctly?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

This season I have to pay £125 (£50 increase on my season ticket and then £75 for Seagull Travel) extra for increased travel costs

Add this to the £200 for two children (2 x £25 season ticket increase + £75 for Seagull Travel)

Despite this I will be guaranteed a seat (even though I never missed a bus last season when I caught one)?

So in effect, the cost of supporting Brighton has this season increased for me by around £325 (and this is notwithstanding any increases in refreshments/match programme), despite there being a previous transport levy in the previous season ticket?

Yes, I think you have. Beginning to get expensive isn't it ?

As I said before some 'fans' are only happy when they are attacking the club, if we were top of the Prem with free travel and free match tickets some would still find something to bitch about.

Some of the "fans" you are alluding to Martyn have been season ticket holders for more than just a year, so wind your neck in with the patronising.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Some of the "fans" you are alluding to Martyn have been season ticket holders for more than just a year, so wind your neck in with the patronising.

You know why I have not been an active fan longer, it was not by choice, f'off about that. You enjoy seeing fans bitching constantly? People have a valid reason to complain about extra money to pay but this thing about PR is total bollocks.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternative Bus Co + "supporter contri

It certainly looks that way. The R service wasn't the best but I never missed kick off because of it and always got back after the game fairly quickly. The club argue that people were rushing to get the bus after the game but that could be said about all of the transport methods. As for the local areas being parked up, Rottingdean and the rest of the route looked no busier to me than a normal Saturday in the area.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
So what we have here is a very good scheme indeed communicated a day or so too late. Who IS responsible for PR at the club? Is it Jo "good day to bury bad news" Moore?

Martin Perry "the feedback from our fans who regularly use this service"....... when did they get this feedback, I've used S & H buses for 2 years and wasn't aware of anyone collecting feedback?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Martin Perry "the feedback from our fans who regularly use this service"....... when did they get this feedback, I've used S & H buses for 2 years and wasn't aware of anyone collecting feedback?

This could include the multitude of tweets to the club's Transport Manager , complaints to the bus company and/or club , somewhere there will be a statto analysing the data otherwise known as feedback.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

Thank goodness we didn't get promoted eh?

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009

Unless you need to have a few beers each game, your situation looks cheaper / more convenient to get a parking ticket for the university (assuming you have a car).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here