Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spastic In Space!!

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Woodchip said:

Did you ever consider that a lot of people on this board look upto Dr Hawkins as someone that has battled on through all his problems (and has way out lived his expectations)?

course they do, so very many i'm sure :dunce:

so full of SHITE!

Woodchip said:
It's Stephen Hawkins. The most impressive modern day scientist. It's people like him that show that the real spastics are people like Magoo who feel it's okay to slag someone off for having a disability.

errmmm.....But you've just called Magoo a spastic, so are you just as 'bad' as him?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I think it's a great picture. He looks really happy as I guess anyone who'd been confined to a wheelchair for decades would look experiencing something like that. It also does look quite amusing. It's not amusing in the way "ooh, look at him, he's disabled so let's laugh" but more "haha, Hawking looks well funny floating about grinning". The thread title could have been a tad more tactful but that's about the extent of the controversy. Get over it, he has.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Not particularly offended by it just thought that the word spastic stoped being funny around the time nig nog, honky etc also became an unacceptable insult.

Mind you my 12 and 13 year olds regularly can be caught calling each other it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Woodchip said:
It's people like him that show that the real spastics are people like Magoo who feel it's okay to slag someone off for having a disability.

Correct me if Im wrong but where does Magoo SLAG him off??

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Only problem I have with it is the word 'Spastic'.. isn't that a bit old fashioned now? Surely SPAZ is more up-to-date.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
rool said:
Not particularly offended by it just thought that the word spastic stoped being funny around the time nig nog, honky etc also became an unacceptable insult.

Mind you my 12 and 13 year olds regularly can be caught calling each other it.

WHAT ABOUT PAKI

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
And actually while we're on the subject spastics is the termination for cerebal palsey hence the "spastic society" although I don't think it's called that anymore.
Anyway my sister suffers from it so I guess she's a spastic but I wasn't offended by the joke :shootself
Lets face if everything thats not "pc" was banned we'd not have alot to laugh about would we ???

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
wehatepalace said:
And actually while we're on the subject spastics is the termination for cerebal palsey hence the "spastic society" although I don't think it's called that anymore.

Its now called SCOPE...

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Imagine the controversy if Hawking had been a NIG NOG:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here