Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sparrow and Vincelot / Poyet weilds axe (SIX merrged threads)

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Where were they? Does this mean they are on their way out?

Or are they simply injured?

Or did he just want to give youth a chance?

Anyone know?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Someone tweeted that Sparrow scored for the DS in a 3-3 draw against Southampton this afternoon, both their stock should have risen with Gus after Dicker & Harley performance tonight

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Calderon ahead of them as a central midfielder? Both on the way to free up wages for the gem signing

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Someone tweeted that Sparrow scored for the DS in a 3-3 draw against Southampton this afternoon, both their stock should have risen with Gus after Dicker & Harley performance tonight

More interested in seeing that match report on the website.

Agree with the idea that its wrong that Sparrow and Vincelot are below Dicker and Painter...but it isn't by much so can't be too pissed really, they probably are doing same thing as Elphick.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I think we had a younger bench tonight because that is what Gus does in the Cup especially against lower league teams, so that if we are coasting he can bring them on for experience. Saturdays bench will be stronger.

Dec 29, 2011
Hopefully they stay for the season. We gave Tommy an extra season, why not these two? Vincelot is a very classy footballer and never really got a fair run in the team. It just appears to me Gus doesn't like him on a personal level and so doesn't play him.

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Oh please shut up you lot!
I bet every single one of the moaners about the bench and starting 11 would be equally up in arms if we had won. "Oh why didn't Gus play/bring on some youth/development squad/fringe players" "just shows he has no confidence in x,y and z" "probably have a tired squad for Hull now".

You people and your double standards make me sick!

Not doomsayering mate, just curious as you would assume they are ahead of the likes of oatway and dickenson.

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Interestingly both of their profiles are missing from the seagulls website, what does that mean?!

Although going by that list Charile Oatway snr is back in the squad...

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Interestingly both of their profiles are missing from the seagulls website, what does that mean?!

Although going by that list Charile Oatway snr is back in the squad...

Twitter feed is claiming that both players have been told they are no longer needed. Guessing its the Argus story as promised last night. Waiting for my copy to be delivered.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Neither are on their way. The tweet from Andy Naylor was going for sensationalism. The guys a prat, we should all know that by now. Gus simply wanted to reward some of the youngsters who performed in preseason and the opportunity didn't come better than against supposed weaker opposition. They'll be both be back in and around the squad and are both valued.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Neither are on their way. The tweet from Andy Naylor was going for sensationalism. The guys a prat, we should all know that by now. Gus simply wanted to reward some of the youngsters who performed in preseason and the opportunity didn't come better than against supposed weaker opposition. They'll be both be back in and around the squad and are both valued.

Not according to argus today, with quotes from Gus

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here