Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish striker?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
messi wont come dont be silly he will go somewhere else his not coming to brighton i dunno why you would even suggest it

Good point. Silly of me. Let's stick to discussing realistic targets like Llorente and David Villa.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
messi wont come dont be silly he will go somewhere else his not coming to brighton i dunno why you would even suggest it

We've got enough shorties, to be honest. Thanks, but no thanks, Lionel.

Batti

Jul 19, 2010
Not sure if the OP's information is recent. I was told pre-Christmas that we had pretty much done a deal for a Spanish second division striker but things had hit a snag. It may well be that things have changed and it's now been completed though...

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
His wiki entry is a cut and paste of CMS'

Anyway - Toquero is like Bilbao's Gary Hart, isn't he? There to stay.

Toquero is just about my favourite La Liga player I think. He is the hardest worker ever but doesn't score himself. Think of a hugely committed Emile Heskey in his pomp and you are pretty close.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Toquero is just about my favourite La Liga player I think. He is the hardest worker ever but doesn't score himself. Think of a hugely committed Emile Heskey in his pomp and you are pretty close.

Me too. I really like Athletic Bilbao and Toquero is a grafting hard worker. He loves the shirt and always gives 100%. He will, I feel, like Joseba Etxeberria, be a Bilbao player for all of his playing days.

TNBA

TTF

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

I don't think he will solve any of our existing problems!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not sure if the OP's information is recent. I was told pre-Christmas that we had pretty much done a deal for a Spanish second division striker but things had hit a snag. It may well be that things have changed and it's now been completed though...

A snag? now why does that not surprise me :annoyed: :down:

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
A snag? now why does that not surprise me :annoyed: :down:

A 'snag' is a polite way of stating a rumour that makes someone sound interesting whilst talking out of their ass. We have players coming out of the woodworks both fantastical and disappointing but nonetheless they seem mostly untrue.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
a friend of a friend is a Chelski scout, and he has said that we have got Machida (not sure how you spell his name) all sorted out from Man Utd till end of season. never posted a rumour before.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I believe we would be more likely to get a striker from Spain than Graham from Swansea.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
your know of him if you follow spanish footy,i doubt most on here do

As a frequent La Liga viewer, any chance of a PM with a name (confidential of course) so that I can confirm you were right if it comes off?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Yep i heard this on football rumours, is this where you got this info from or where your mate heard it from.

I didn't say the person was a mate, I said that they were pretty reputable. It sounds viable, (except the "done deal" bit - which is a bit strong granted).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here