• Yes

Votes: 114 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 123 51.9%

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Cheat is a bit harsh. He was fouled. Sure he shouldn't have rolled around so much, but I'm not going to label him a cheat for it, as he's one of ours.

Look at the bigger picture here. We all know what happened, and our little bit of honesty isn't going to change football - for that we need a FIFA conference and a bomb. What we can do, is either support our players, or not. I support them all, and salute Dave. I wish him a speedy recovery from what could have been a career ending tackle. Vote 'no'.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Cheat is a bit harsh. He was fouled. Sure he shouldn't have rolled around so much, but I'm not going to label him a cheat for it, as he's one of ours.

Look at the bigger picture here. We all know what happened, and our little bit of honesty isn't going to change football - for that we need a FIFA conference and a bomb. What we can do, is either support our players, or not. I support them all, and salute Dave. I wish him a speedy recovery from what could have been a career ending tackle. Vote 'no'.

See that's where I disagree, I don't think we should deny it was wrong just because it was one of our players. If more fans expressed their annoyance at their own players acting like that then perhaps it might make them reconsider it in the future. I still support David and want him to start on Saturday as he's in blinding form and a brilliant footballer, but that doesn't mean he's exempt from criticism when he's acting like a plonker to try and persuade the ref to send someone off.

If Zaha had done exactly the same thing against us and one of our players had been sent off in the incident, the poll would look very different - with pretty close to 100% saying he cheated.

Exactly.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
See that's where I disagree, I don't think we should deny it was wrong just because it was one of our players. If more fans expressed their annoyance at their own players acting like that then perhaps it might make them reconsider it in the future.
But we're not denying it. Even though I voted 'no', I've made it clear what I think in my posts. What I am saying, is let's not have a poll on NSC that allows the media to print the headline 'Brighton fans label Lopez a cheat'. We are not going to single handedly stop cheating in the world of football (like I said, that requires FIFA to change) - all we can do is cause problems for our own players, or STFU. I choose the latter.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
But we're not denying it. Even though I voted 'no', I've made it clear what I think in my posts. What I am saying, is let's not have a poll on NSC that allows the media to print the headline 'Brighton fans label Lopez a cheat'. We are not going to single handedly stop cheating in the world of football (like I said, that requires FIFA to change) - all we can do is cause problems for our own players, or STFU. I choose the latter.

'Triggaaar' 103 fans think he cheated & 103 he didn't. I don't think it will make 'The Times':thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
'Triggaaar' 103 fans think he cheated & 103 he didn't. I don't think it will make 'The Times':thumbsup:
A win is a win. If it finishes 104 vs 103, then that's how the fans feel - that's democracy. It would make the Argos, and is probably already in the daily mail.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

I see your point, but the abuse David got on Twitter and should the Argus print something about it (which I really doubt), then hopefully it would shame/embarrass him enough to not do it again. We're not going to change the world of football no, but at least if we made it clear to our players it wasn't acceptable then we wouldn't be contradicting ourselves if we have a go at another player from another club doing it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
hopefully it would shame/embarrass him enough to not do it again. We're not going to change the world of football no, but at least if we made it clear to our players it wasn't acceptable then we wouldn't be contradicting ourselves if we have a go at another player from another club doing it.
If other clubs do it, I don't see why we shouldn't. If you can't beat 'em, join them. We're not talking about some god awful crime here, we're talking about a bit of play acting. It got Beckham sent off in 98, and if I was an Argie :)sick:) I'd be happy about that. In the end, all that ever matters is the result. The Argies won the WC in 86, and no one cares about the hand of god. If Lopez did that against Palace and got them down to 10, I'd be well happy.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
He was fouled. But he shouldn't have rolled around like that afterwards. But who can blame him after seeing Newcastle's Mr Pineapple Head staying on the floor for five minutes every time he was tackled and pretending to limp off. I think the Newcastle player was going to get booked anyway but I shall vote cheat as he shouldn't have rolled around as if he had just stood on a plug with bare feet.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
He didn't cheat. There was contact and went over so foul. I've seen worse in the prem and more so from certain players in this division. What made it look worse than what it was, was when he looked up but have seen it many times.

Glad we've joined the club at last, if you can't beat them then join them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here