Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spain v Scotland *** Official Match Thread ***

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'm not watching the game so can't comment on how CMS is playing, but the reason I'm not watching is because it's basically Spain B - so not the best team in the world

Valdes, Ramos, Pique, Puyol, Alba, Cazorla, Busquets, Xavi, Pedro, Villa, Silva. How are Scotland not beating this crock of shit?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I have doubted CMS, i think his a good player, but i still think his not as good as we all think, his 27 and only just made his international début and still has not played in the top league, i think his probably one of the best strikers in the Championship but im still not overly sure if he would be good in the prem.

He does appear to be the stand out player tonight for Scotland, he appears to be giving 100% and i hope he has done enough to earn a starting place, but he is a stand out player in a very very poor Scotland side.

Just given one of the best centre halves in the world a right good run for his money. Yeah he is really average isn't he......Wait until he get a partner who can hold the ball up for us up front.He could easily hold his own in the prem imo.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A very very poor Scotland side which is only losing 3-1 to the best team in the world and could be better? You are so negative it's ridiculous.

Come on. Scotland are pretty crap. Spirited, determined, but nothing else.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Just given one of the best centre halves in the world a right good run for his money. Yeah he is really average isn't he......Wait until he get a partner who can hold the ball up for us up front.He could easily hold his own in the prem imo.

yes he has i didnt say he hadnt, what i am saying is i wanna see that every week, not just this game any player would have given 100% today and a bit more, esp if your not regarded as a first team player.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Its extremely poor side, there being cut apart in every single attack, Spain should have way more than 3, sorry but maybe i just realist and dont have my ass in the clouds.

Fact is if Miller was fit CMS would not have played the past 2 games.

You are right about the Miller thing, but Miller will not get back in side now after the last two games. History is littered with player that only got there chance because someone else was injured, only to become first choice.......anyone recall someone called Geoff Hurst?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Valdes, Ramos, Pique, Puyol, Alba, Cazorla, Busquets, Xavi, Pedro, Villa, Silva. How are Scotland not beating this crock of shit?
That's only about three off their first team as well (and those are so borderline and class either way Puyol/Albiol, Iniesta/Silva), hardly a B team.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
You are right about the Miller thing, but Miller will not get back in side now after the last two games. History is littered with player that only got there chance because someone else was injured, only to become first choice.......anyone recall someone called Geoff Hurst?

i agree CMS has took his two caps by the horns and shown his stuff, i think his more than deserved his starting place, that said i still not sure his premiership quality. Only given the fact his 27 and appears to just be hitting his peak, i like him i like his attitude i just dont think his as good as alot believe.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
i agree CMS has took his two caps by the horn and shown his stuff, i think his more than deserved his starting place, that said i still not sure his premiership quality. Only given the fact his 27 and appears to just be hitting his peak, i like him i like his attitude i just dont think his as good as alot believe.

I think most believe he is a good championship striker. No one knows about the Premiership because he hasn't played there yet, so 'I don't think he's as good as a lot believe' is a bit unjustified imo.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
i agree CMS has took his two caps by the horns and shown his stuff, i think his more than deserved his starting place, that said i still not sure his premiership quality. Only given the fact his 27 and appears to just be hitting his peak, i like him i like his attitude i just dont think his as good as alot believe.

You could argue that Zamora has only just reached his peek and he is 29/30??....Ian Wright was another late developer. I take your point but its not as if he is 31/32.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
CMS gave a brilliant account of himself. Shame he was playing against Spain/Barca and had little in the way of support.

Scotland's MoM :clap2:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Indeed, he's ONLY the regular goalkeeper for the best club side on the planet. Should be easy to stick a few past him.
My point being, I don't know HOW CMS didn't score. People were COMMENDING his performance just for RUNNING about like a MADMAN.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
You could argue that Zamora has only just reached his peek and he is 29/30??....Ian Wright was another late developer. I take your point but its not as if he is 31/32.

True his not 31/32 but alot of class players would show this sort of form before now, just seems a shame to me he is peaking now. He ant got many top years left maybe 3/4 so either he wont play for Brighton in the top flight or he will move or he will stay and become a hero at Brighton but then we will never know.

I personally cant see Brighton getting to the prem for a couple of seasons yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here