Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southend expecting 1,700 Brighton fans tomorrow

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Right, I went in the Southend shop today because I wanted to get a ticket for my spurs supporting mate which I could'nt get from Queens road because (obviously) he is not on our database and I GOT ONE FOR HIM from the returns.

I can't say whether this is because I just rocked up on my own and only wanted one ticket and that this was not the policy for others BUT the bloke just said "no problem" so I suppose they will sell spares on the day. I can't guarantee it but I reckon that, seeing that they need to raise £400k by Wednesday,they will be too fussy.

As for policing they gave us an allocation of 2000 so presumably the OB will have been geared to that number. I doubt that the cops just ring up on the day and ask "how many officers do you need?"

Southend is not the f***ing Nou Camp is it.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
f***ing tin pot club. No wonder there in the shit financially with f***ing stupid decisions like this. Assuming it's because they don't have the capital to pay for extra ticket staff it's still a pox decision. Let's say 2 extra staff at the ticket office selling tickets to us on the day. They would probably work from 12 till just before kick off. But for arguments sake we'll say 3 hours. The staff ain't gonna get any more than 30 quid each for there efforts so that's hypothetically a £60 outlay. They would have to sell 3 tickets then to break even
any more than that is profit. I guess we'd take an extra 300-400 if it were pay on day. That's potentially an extra 8k added to the games ticket sales. It's simple business acumen and I'm far from a entrepenuer. f***ing stupid Essex wankers. Hope they go bust

Feb 14, 2010
In the old days they made games all ticket if they were worried about trouble. brighton have caused trouble at Southend lots of times, some of it very bad troouble and so expect that is why they made it all ticket. They know the albion have a large and at time problematic following away. Can in this instace see their point, but agree that in general thre should be no restrictions to turning up angd getting in. If there are then it puts me off as you can just turn up with friends who are no albion fans

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
sun,beer and chavs on seafront,sure it will kick off,as usual???

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Never known the S'end stewards to make people sit down. They generally take a relaxed attitude to that. Makes for a great atmosphere, although I doubt it will be as much fun as Easter '74 when, if memory serves me correctly, the events of the day made the national headlines. If NSC's very own folklorist, Freddie Goodwin, reads this, perhaps he can confirm my memory that the trouble at the match, in the town and on the trains did receive such prominent coverage.

It did indeed. the ground was much different there and rival gangs roamed the terraces.

The train home was 'interesting' with a rape allergation and loads of police at every station. At one we were all made to get off for an ID parade and at another the locked all the carriage doors, ne 'elf & safety back then!

In London there were loads of OB to see us off the train and this was shown on the national news, just as i was getting home. bit interesting when Dad is watching the news!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Look is this pay on the f***ing day or not as i have a very eager 9 year old boy that whats to rip up sartheenndddd.There web site still saying cashless game.

It's been listed as not POTD for at least a week and the club have given reminders, if you REALLY wanted to go i'm sure you could have brought a ticket easily, the very eage 9 year old only has you to blame for thinking you could leave it till the last minute.

darkcore1977

May 18, 2009
haywards heath
It's been listed as not POTD for at least a week and the club have given reminders, if you REALLY wanted to go i'm sure you could have brought a ticket easily, the very eage 9 year old only has you to blame for thinking you could leave it till the last minute.

Have you never done anything last minute,it wasnt until someone posted on here last night that it was pay on the day so we thought lets go.Thanks for your post hope you enjoy the game but of course you will because you arranged the whole f***ing day weeks ago right down to when you eat,drink,sing and WANK.:wave:

tommy2holes

Aug 24, 2008
Nice to see your boys are coming down in numbers again but lets be honest if you have to watch football week in and week out in that ridiculous excuse for a stadium then away games are essential.

As for us not having any money, well your hardly mr current affairs . Tax bill is paid and new stadium starts in june/july.

Enjoy your trip sorry but we have to take all 3 points today.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
It did indeed. the ground was much different there and rival gangs roamed the terraces.

The train home was 'interesting' with a rape allergation and loads of police at every station. At one we were all made to get off for an ID parade and at another the locked all the carriage doors, ne 'elf & safety back then!

Did you have to cover your faces and drop your trousers in the ID parade? Or just breather deeply?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nice to see your boys are coming down in numbers again but lets be honest if you have to watch football week in and week out in that ridiculous excuse for a stadium then away games are essential.

As for us not having any money, well your hardly mr current affairs . Tax bill is paid and new stadium starts in june/july.

Enjoy your trip sorry but we have to take all 3 points today.

Oh, you're having a go at Withdean?

That must have taken you AGES to think up. Well done you :thumbsup: How about something gay next? Do you need some help with that?

tommy2holes

Aug 24, 2008
Yeah about as original as saying we are all chavs who drive suped up motors and wear kappa gear.

There is no love lost between our clubs and lets be honest there are not many outside of brighton who are upset when you lose as your fans act disgracefully on the road.

That said if you let us have 3 vital points today well be happy and if we lose and face relegation then things could get tasty.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yeah about as original as saying we are all chavs who drive suped up motors and wear kappa gear.

There is no love lost between our clubs and lets be honest there are not many outside of brighton who are upset when you lose as your fans act disgracefully on the road.

That said if you let us have 3 vital points today well be happy and if we lose and face relegation then things could get tasty.

"tasty" FFS, it's not 1985 you know, and as for no love lost, well in all honesty I can think of about 20 clubs I'm more bothered about than you guys. Maybe it's a bit of a chip-on-the-shoulder, one way thing: unrequited love or hate is just so humiliating, isn't it? And it's not even like we have that much (for now) for you guys to be envious of (though give us a year) so I don't know why you hate us so much.

That said, I won't mind if you go down, because Southend is always a bit of a grotty trip, a crappy ground and we have a tendency to lose there over the years. Nothing personal though. I just want to win football matches and don't want to go to Southend to see them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here