Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southend expecting 1,700 Brighton fans tomorrow

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When we arrived at Gillingham myself, Ben and my 7 year old grandson going to his first game we were told we had to sit in our allocated seat. Which was ok prior to kick off, we could see all of the goal area to our right. When we kicked off people stood in the front 3 or 4 rows in the isle to our right totally obscuring any chance my grandson had of seeing the action in the goal mouth. He did see our goal and their goal on Meridian news though next day. As a result of these 12 or so young fellows the whole of the centre isle had to stand. Just a little consideration is needed and all would be happy. We were only about 5 rows back.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
When we arrived at Gillingham myself, Ben and my 7 year old grandson going to his first game we were toldf we had to sit in our allocated seat. Which was ok prior to kick off we could see all of the goal area to our right. When we kicked off people stood in the front 3 or 4 rows in the isle to our right totally obscuring any chance my grandson had of seeing the game. He did see our goal and their goal on Meridian news though next day. As a result of these 12 or so younfg fellows the whole of the centre isle had to stand. Just a little consideration is needed and all would be happy.

They are obliged to tell you to sit in your seat, doesnt mean you actually do, I was pointed to my seat by the steward, I promptly walked in the opposite direction, just sometimes think about breaking the rules to suit yourself, you didn't enjoy yourself when you could have just by moving when it was apparent that you'd have to stand, a whole 100-200 people infront of you shouldnt have to sit so you can, you can simply move.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That is my whole point it was about 12 maximum just the front row or possibly 2, had the stewards made them sit down or move back everything would have been fine. We couldnt move forward as all of the seats were taken and it is safer to sit there with a 7 year old than stand in front of the crowd in the centre isle.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
That is my whole point it was about 12 maximum just the front row or possibly 2, had the stewards made them sit down or move back everything would have been fine. We couldnt move forward as all of the seats were taken and it is safer to sit there with a 7 year old than stand in front of the crowd in the centre isle.

Your going by the assumption that NO ONE else there wanted to stand, for all we know the majority of people might have preferred to stand, and also I was down the front for a short while with my sister who was there with her football team and the view was appaling, so not surprised they stood.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Was in the club shop at about 2pm today and thus far we had sold about 1200 tickets

bit dissapointed with that , thought we'd sell more. looks like we would have taken more to pikey land midweek. who knows maybe theyll make it P O D and that may stick a few on the numbers. doubt it though

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
2 away games in 5 days, granted Gillingham was cheap, stretches the pocket and perhaps a lot of peopl have had to make a choice of one or the other. I chose Gillingham so I can go to the allotment tomorrrow.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
bit dissapointed with that , thought we'd sell more. looks like we would have taken more to pikey land midweek. who knows maybe theyll make it P O D and that may stick a few on the numbers. doubt it though

It never does so well when its not POTD, 1200 is a pretty poor turnout it's got to be said.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Never known the S'end stewards to make people sit down. They generally take a relaxed attitude to that. Makes for a great atmosphere, although I doubt it will be as much fun as Easter '74 when, if memory serves me correctly, the events of the day made the national headlines. If NSC's very own folklorist, Freddie Goodwin, reads this, perhaps he can confirm my memory that the trouble at the match, in the town and on the trains did receive such prominent coverage.

That game i returned to haywards Heath late evening, fell into the Liverpool Arms (now long gone) and after a couple of draught Long Life's my attention and all of the pubs was drawn to the ITV news! luckily was my local and we all got a bit of a cheer i recall. mind you i dont recall score or the actual game!! just being met by the law in london on way back

If you are made to sit in the away end at Roots Hall you will NOT see anything.

Its an old shallow bit of terracing which doesn't get very high.......

deckchair at the County Ground for me tomorrow..........:cool::drunk:

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
Just called the ticket office and its been made "pay on the day". So for all those who could'nt be bothered to get a ticket in advance, you can now just rock up on match day!

1200 sounds poor..."lets be avvving you".:albion1:

jimmypbha

Apr 5, 2009
NORTH STAND
Just called the ticket office and its been made "pay on the day". So for all those who could'nt be bothered to get a ticket in advance, you can now just rock up on match day!

1200 sounds poor..."lets be avvving you".:albion1:

:clap2:

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Nothing on Seagulls world yet. Not that I'm questioning ur integrity but I'll believe it when I see it on there. I know it's the norm to eventually make it POTD but the club seemed well adament It wouldn't happen on this occasion.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
why is it poor, when its a game between one side who is safe, ie us and another who are shite and possibly going down, BUT always seem to do well against us.

Seems like a good decision to give this one a miss.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Having just been into the Southend club shop I can confirm the returns will be on general sale to whoever tomorrow.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Having just been into the Southend club shop I can confirm the returns will be on general sale to whoever tomorrow.

Pretty pointless if Brighton havent advertised it as pay on the day

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here