Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Next week the fans, players and manager of Southampton have the opportunity to display some class and humility.

Will you? Will they?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What reason woukd an Albion fan have to be angry and bitter about Southampton?

There is no reason.

Your cock of a manager talked the talk. His team have struggled to walk the walk. We mock.
All true, but 6 out of the top ten threads is f***ing embarrassing.

Anyway, I look forward to our club absolutely owning Southampton yet again next season so I'd like to see our South coast cousins scrape into second place. I think we all know Albion and Gus are streets ahead of Southampton and their physio in pretty much every way these days.

Diatribe

Feb 3, 2007
Some even suggesting you wish you'd drawn with Walsall in order to win the title against us. I'm sure some of your more mature fans would realise this is absolutely pathetic.
because they couldn't be there today.
utter utter div.

the reason is that you had pardew, and then managed to replace him with someone who was just as much of an oily big mouthed prat

but if it comforts you to think southampton cast a 100 miled shadow all around with their huge success don't let me stop you.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
What are your thoughts on huddersfield? Didn't lee Clark come out with a few stupid comments too?

dont remember what he said, might not even of read it so cant comment on that.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I did not ever have a problem with saints, I still do not really, most of their fans are great BUT the arrogance of both Adkins and some posters on this board is beyond belief. There was a fan on here the other day naming all the best players in league one with no single mention of a Brighton player, FFS look at the table! If Adkins put hi hands up and said we have been well and truley beaten then that would be something but he will clearly not do that.

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
dont remember what he said, might not even of read it so cant comment on that.

My point exactly! He says a comment about us and it goes unnoticed ! Adkins says something and it seems everybody just jumps on the hate Southampton bandwagon. It's embarrassing

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Southampton are not our rivals so I couldn't give a flying one if they go up or not. If they win next week it wont change a thing. We are Champions. End of.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Very good sport though it's been, I think that, all in all, it's probably about time to move on with the whole Southampton thing and do so with dignity and class intact. We've proven a million times over who's better (clue: it isn't them) and I'm sure the point about their risible chavvy little over-promoted physio has been made fairly loud and clear by now. I'd have a very good, hard, long laugh at him and them next Saturday (and I'd kill to be able to be there) then prepare for our away trips next season while they sweat over the possibility of getting beaten by Rochdale in the play-offs.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Very good sport though it's been, I think that, all in all, it's probably about time to move on with the whole Southampton thing and do so with dignity and class intact. We've proven a million times over who's better (clue: it isn't them) and I'm sure the point about their risible chavvy little over-promoted physio has been made fairly loud and clear by now. I'd have a very good, hard, long laugh at him and them next Saturday (and I'd kill to be able to be there) then prepare for our away trips next season while they sweat over the possibility of getting beaten by Rochdale in the play-offs.

MoH - today was made for you. You would have loved it.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Before you all get excited at seeing yet another Southampton thread on your homepage, I'm a Southampton fan.

Firstly, congratulations on winning the league, you have deserved it.

Secondly, why are some of you so angry and bitter towards us? I know you've had decades of being in our shadow and being a small club compared to us, but anyone would think you'd just enjoy winning the league and getting promoted. However, there appears to be 5+ threads on here purely about us. Some even suggesting you wish you'd drawn with Walsall in order to win the title against us. I'm sure some of your more mature fans would realise this is absolutely pathetic.

Now enjoy your league win, and change the record. Hopefully we will join you in second and we can look forward to your bitterness again next season.

No comment needed here, you've answered your own questions if you have the brains to kook at them !!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
In all honesty, Southampton are a big fish in a small pond, so when a smaller club with a temporary stadium and a non-existent top-level recent history outwit and out-master them season-long, it is something to thoroughly celebrate. Money talks, they say, but our romping of this league shows that it all doesn't always talk triumphantly. Something else brings out the winner in you, it seems, and our outright superiorty made that statement, but gave it a more poetic detail than i could ever wordily emulate.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
It's exactly that. If it hadn't been for Adkins being quite so arrogant, I would probably have been willing Southampton to go up with us this season. If you get rid of him at a later date or he decides to admit he was being ridiculous then it'll go back to that. But I really can't find faith in a man who's quite so arrogant.

My sentiments exactly.

Alex

Nov 3, 2010
As I said in my original post, fair play, you have been by far the best team in the league and fully deserve what you've got.

Poyet obviously is a class manager and he will manage at the top level, be that with you or another team.

Also, I live in South London, and I share a similar hate for Palace. You are a much bigger club than them, and I fully expect you to finish above them next season. You have a bigger fanbase than them, and now a better stadium. The areas around Selhurst are absolutely awful and are full of the dregs of society, and their whole 'Ultra' stuff is a complete joke, so here's to you finishing above them :thumbsup:

See, we're not all that bad :wink:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Adkins comments back in Novemeber were a wind-up (which obviously worked!). For those of us with longer memories, there is also the little matter of Southampton 0 Spurs 0 in 1978..................................

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Firstly, congratulations on winning the league, you have deserved it.
Thank you.

Secondly, why are some of you so angry and bitter towards us?
Mainly the daft arrogance from Adkins, and Dean Hammond's celebration at the Withdean last year. And there's always that draw vs Spurs in the 70s.

I know you've had decades of being in our shadow and being a small club compared to us
While it's obvious that SCC have been leagues above us, I don't know if anyone cares, it's not like SCC has had any success.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here