Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Another thing. If Southampton are so f***ing good, why do so many of their fans come on here & why do they give a f*** about what little Brighton think.
I've never been on the Southampton board, & never will.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Another thing. If Southampton are so f***ing good, why do so many of their fans come on here & why do they give a f*** about what little Brighton think.
I've never been on the Southampton board, & never will.

Well, according to some of them they're here to say congrats on winning the league. There have been lots of fans from other clubs on here for the same reason so it's not impossible that that's why. Then when they get here they discover that six of the top ten threads are about Southampton!

Potters mate

Jan 22, 2004
Lewes
I personally have no strong feelings towards southampton either way, its not like we have been on each others radar much over the 25 years I have supported the Albion. However, this season you have a number of people involved with the club who I have taken a personal dislike to: Adkins with his comments, Hammond with his celebrations and Harding (more for personal reasons nothing to do with football) not forgetting pardew from yesteryear, All 4 named in my opinion lack any class. Which is why I dont like southampton at the moment.
In reference to your original post and why you are getting flack for it as you appear to be non-plussed as to why, here is what i reckon.

A: Genuine post of congratulations but you lack the communication skills to understand it is littered with snide jibes (not your fault)
B: You, like me and probably the majority of NSC, sit reading the 'interesting' posts on here and immediatly assume all on here are on drugs, stupid or have a mental disability, or all three and you can get away with posting thinly veiled abuse and sit back laughing as we all say thankyou whilst the true meaning of the post sails over our heads.
C:Your a dick.

If the answer is B or C, you need to get out more, its a saturday night mate, go see a movie, visit friends, go clubbing.....whatever, surely theres more to your life than this?!
If the answer is A, thankyou for your kind words.

Disclaimer: I am dyslexic and a little drunk, any spelling or grammer mistakes are because of these two reasons and not because I didnnt pay attention at school.

CHAMPIONS!!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
There are reasons why we suggested drawing with Wallsall and sorting out a fix for Huddersfield to put you in the mire of the play offs. We hate you, your arrogance and your physio. And can I suggest you take this wookiee character that is sadly a Brighton supporter that seems to hate everything Brighton. I would love nothing more than to see your two bit side stick around Div 3 for another season in order to learn some humility.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
FFS you needed us to lose 3-0 and you win 5-0. We drew 0-0 and you won 2-1. Get over it. You were so far away you needed a telescope to see your chance of promotion. Besides, it has been 31 years since then, a generation and a half (three generations in Portsmouth though ;-) ) Carpe diem. Enjoy your time in the limelight...

Stains supporter for 50 years yet don't know the facts of 78? You're a fishing wanker whoever you are.

Last edited:

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
I find it hard to hate Southampton because they're such a boring, nondescript club,from an unbelievably boring, nondescript city, playing - appropriately enough - in a dull bowl of a stadium. And they outstayed their welcome in the top flight for years, a bit like Coventry did.

Hmmm.

The thing about S'hampton and Coventry was that after several seasons in top flight, no-one from anywhere else became a vicarious supporter of them. Pretty much how it is with Stoke and Wigan and Sunderland.
But the alternative is ManU Chelsea Liverpool and Arsenal, who attracted 'glory' fans - people who never go to their games and know nothing about them yet fiercely glom on claiming to be 'big fans'. The latter clubs can usually decide on pinching other team's best players, managers, and television coverage. Their glory-fans tell you "I'm Liverpool, mate" and the like, as if it affords them some extra power and membership of a great 'gang' or clan.
Do we want a separate division for these super-Premier-elite clubs?

Personally I like that Southampton do okay, go up with us (with HTFC and not by beating us), and take on a challenge of these superclubs. And beat them until their 'fans' start complaining how disappointed they are with their representatives. When you see one of their shirts in the charity shop or boot fair, you know they're ten a penny and won't have the same value as your local league club's shirt. You won't see the local shirt in the charity shop so often!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I'm enjoying all this anti-Southampton stuff much more than I should, but it's almost all down to Adkins. However, whether SCC get promoted or not, I'm looking forward to much more important rivalries next season - Palarse, of course (assuming they stay up), and Pompey. This Southampton stuff just pales into insignificance compared to those two. I'm even getting slightly excited by the prospect of going to Reading again (assuming they don't make fools of themselves by getting promotion!)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
That 15k stadium Southampton had for all their years in the top flight and they think they're Real Madrid. :)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
You know, I registered on here to congratulate you on your fantastic achievement and being worthy League One Champions. However you have so many sour-grape bitter posters who cannot see past their own blue-tinted glasses that I truly pity you. I have been a Southampton fan for 50 years and have never had a bad word to say about BHA. Why are some of your 'fans' so hateful? You have been worthy winners of the league yet all some of your posters want to do is bitch about Southampton. Get your priorities right for god's sake. Celebrate your position just as any other team in your position would. Your attitude does you no justice.

It's panto. Get over it.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
FFS you needed us to lose 3-0 and you win 5-0. We drew 0-0 and you won 2-1. Get over it. You were so far away you needed a telescope to see your chance of promotion. Besides, it has been 31 years since then, a generation and a half (three generations in Portsmouth though ;-) ) Carpe diem. Enjoy your time in the limelight...

True ! thats what was needed for us to pip you for promotion.

You had to beat Spurs for us to join you in promotion, also had you of beaten Spurs you would have been crowned champions.

Seeing Brighton not getting promotion was obviously more important to you, than winning & being crowned champions.
Now that you know the cold hard facts, remember Peter Swan.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I have no problem with Southampton. Precious thin-skinnedness is all part of being a fan, but a 31 year-old stitch-up and a throwaway comment from Adkins shouldn't be reason for some sort of blood rivalry. We all laughed at Chesterfield's message board for their sour grapes because none of us knew or cared that they hated Brighton so much, and they looked a bit pathetic. Let's not make the same mistake, eh?

Good luck Saints as you try to navigate through our dust-cloud :p

Exactly,i'd still love to beat them but surely it would be better than a trip to Huddersfield next season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here