Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
MoH - today was made for you. You would have loved it.

I bet. Seagulls Player and especially Bozza's iPhone antics were a decent second-best but still very much second-best to being there. Good times.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I never used to mind Southampton until that twat Adkins came along.

I think I would add Cortese but essentially that's about right. First they decide that they are too big for the league they find themselves reduced to, then they add a particularly unpleasant brand of disrespect for everyone else being somehow inferior.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Before you all get excited at seeing yet another Southampton thread on your homepage, I'm a Southampton fan.

Firstly, congratulations on winning the league, you have deserved it.

Secondly, why are some of you so angry and bitter towards us? I know you've had decades of being in our shadow and being a small club compared to us, but anyone would think you'd just enjoy winning the league and getting promoted. However, there appears to be 5+ threads on here purely about us. Some even suggesting you wish you'd drawn with Walsall in order to win the title against us. I'm sure some of your more mature fans would realise this is absolutely pathetic.

Now enjoy your league win, and change the record. Hopefully we will join you in second and we can look forward to your bitterness again next season.

You're right. We've spent too long being in the shadow of your half empty toilet bowl of a stadium. Seriously though, good luck in the play-offs plucky Saints. Who knows, you may get promoted too if you have a bit of luck!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I hope they go up.much rather go there next season

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
For ME it's 0-0, too bloody convenient in my opinion and because of that we are going to enjoy this and hand it to Huddersfield on a plate if the opportunity arises

I think I would add Cortese but essentially that's about right. First they decide that they are too big for the league they find themselves reduced to, then they add a particularly unpleasant brand of disrespect for everyone else being somehow inferior.

Would also like to add that this is very much applies to the media and PR side of the club.

As a journo student studying IN Southampton, myself and many coursemates have found that if you sent them an email explaining who you are, what you do, and asking whether you could interview a player, go along to press conference, get press pass to a game etc, that you would here diddly squat from them.

Compare that to other football league Clubs who have quite frankly been brilliant. Bournemouth organised Q&A sessions with Eddie Howe at their training ground when he was manager, once a week for about 2-3 months, whilst people have got interviews with players and managers at clubs including D&R, Watford, Charlton, Swindon, McDons, Wycombe, Reading, West Ham and Milwall amongst many others, with myself going up to Albion's training ground back in January for interviews with Greer, El-Abd and Bridcutt (thanks to Insider for sorting that!!). Another friend of mine is also scheduled to interview Gareth Bale sometime soon.

All these clubs are willing and happy to do this sort of thing for us, yet we all get the impression that Southampton still have the "Premier League" mentality and have really made themselves look prize tossers on the PR front!!

The Supporters may have accepted which division they are in, but there are those at the club who should really snap out of their arrogant mindset and stop being such cockjugglingthundercunts!!

...................AND breathe!!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
My point exactly! He says a comment about us and it goes unnoticed ! Adkins says something and it seems everybody just jumps on the hate Southampton bandwagon. It's embarrassing

its gone unnoticed by me cos I did'nt see it you precious gem...jesus f***ing christ :wozza:

Dark Sotonic Mills

Oct 28, 2009
You know, I registered on here to congratulate you on your fantastic achievement and being worthy League One Champions. However you have so many sour-grape bitter posters who cannot see past their own blue-tinted glasses that I truly pity you. I have been a Southampton fan for 50 years and have never had a bad word to say about BHA. Why are some of your 'fans' so hateful? You have been worthy winners of the league yet all some of your posters want to do is bitch about Southampton. Get your priorities right for god's sake. Celebrate your position just as any other team in your position would. Your attitude does you no justice.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
My point exactly! He says a comment about us and it goes unnoticed ! Adkins says something and it seems everybody just jumps on the hate Southampton bandwagon. It's embarrassing

If there is a bandwagon I'm driving it. My dislike for them is of Palacesque proportions and I've suffered from it since the 70s.

The fact that we have got one over on them this year has made the promotion so much sweeter for me.

Last edited:

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
You know, I registered on here to congratulate you on your fantastic achievement and being worthy League One Champions. However you have so many sour-grape bitter posters who cannot see past their own blue-tinted glasses that I truly pity you. I have been a Southampton fan for 50 years and have never had a bad word to say about BHA. Why are some of your 'fans' so hateful? You have been worthy winners of the league yet all some of your posters want to do is bitch about Southampton. Get your priorities right for god's sake. Celebrate your position just as any other team in your position would. Your attitude does you no justice.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus

So people who dislike SCC aren't actually Brighton 'fans' ? Sensical

Dark Sotonic Mills

Oct 28, 2009

FFS you needed us to lose 3-0 and you win 5-0. We drew 0-0 and you won 2-1. Get over it. You were so far away you needed a telescope to see your chance of promotion. Besides, it has been 31 years since then, a generation and a half (three generations in Portsmouth though ;-) ) Carpe diem. Enjoy your time in the limelight...

I think an explanation that many here would agree with I'm sure, is that after all we Brighton fans have been through in the past that we NEVER forget! 1978, and Adkin's comments are the prime examples in this case.

Tbh this is something you could say about most football fans. Grudges, matches where you felt you've been hard done by, players who have done something that makes you hate them with a passion, controversial incidents....all of these are NEVER forgotten, look at all the Chestefield lot comnig out of the woodwork still saying they should have won the Div 3 title in 2000/01!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
FFS you needed us to lose 3-0 and you win 5-0. We drew 0-0 and you won 2-1. Get over it.
FFS you need to check your facts. If you'd won (by any score) we'd have been promoted. The game was Italy Mexico style.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
I have no problem with Southampton. Precious thin-skinnedness is all part of being a fan, but a 31 year-old stitch-up and a throwaway comment from Adkins shouldn't be reason for some sort of blood rivalry. We all laughed at Chesterfield's message board for their sour grapes because none of us knew or cared that they hated Brighton so much, and they looked a bit pathetic. Let's not make the same mistake, eh?

Good luck Saints as you try to navigate through our dust-cloud :p

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I know you've had decades of being in our shadow and being a small club compared to us

Wanker. you have just given the perfect example of why there is so much animosity towards you twats. Big club? Yeah,we are the club that have won the league with 4 games to spare. Now f*** off.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I actually hated Southampton before Adkins came along. Pardew was an arrogant twat as well. The club attracts them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here