Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton want Bennett

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Some of the quotes on this thread are so similar to the ones on the Swindon board in the early days of the Greer to Brighton rumour.
All fans would react the same way if they thought one of their better players was going to a (sort of) rival. Or anyone.

Difference is that was in the local papers, not some internet messageboard. Even though I wouldn't be surprised if they were interested.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'd love it if we (as a club) overtake Pardew at some point and end up robbing his targets.

Although that is clearly not going to happen as his targets are our targets and he will not be able to match our offers.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Apparently Greer was told by his chairman to wait until the end of the season before a new contract would be negotiated. I believe that is what pushed him to go for a 3 year contract here. I don't think Bennet will be treated in quite such a cavalier fashion by the decision makers at the Albion?

Are you sure about that? Given what happened with Nicky Forster and the 11 (?) out of contract players being told no deals until our fate is certain, it's only a slight distinction from the end of the season, especially if we see play offs this year.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
There's no apparent source, and I can't imagine for a minute that Bennett would go there.

However, telling Pardew to f*** off is always a worthwhile exercise in it's own right, so f*** OFF PARDEW

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Are you sure about that? Given what happened with Nicky Forster and the 11 (?) out of contract players being told no deals until our fate is certain, it's only a slight distinction from the end of the season, especially if we see play offs this year.

Gus makes sure he keeps hold of the ones he wants though doesn't he, see the El Abd contract that caused all the friction in the first place.

From what I've heard, Forster has only got one knee left, his other is in bits now. I hope Brentford arn't expecting to get another season out of him - this was probably foremost in Gus's thinking.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

How many of those were we desperate to keep or would have laughingly dismissed a bid from another club on? I'd go so far as to say none. In fact how many did we give new contracts to ? OGH and ?????

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm not.

It took him 4 words to create 3 pages of responses (so far).

Tedious guff.

Gus makes sure he keeps hold of the ones he wants though doesn't he, see the El Abd contract that caused all the friction in the first place.

From what I've heard, Forster has only got one knee left, his other is in bits now. I hope Brentford arn't expecting to get another season out of him - this was probably foremost in Gus's thinking.

:laugh:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If the price is right let them have him. Last season he looked good against the weaker teams but up against the top sides he looked pretty average.

Seriously mate, in the face of MASSIVE competition, you are THE single most chock-full-of-WRONG poster, on this site.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I have no idea as to the veracity of this claim but it'd be amiss of me to not take this opportunity to say:

Pardew you are a c.unt. A pantomime villainous c.unt. Now f*** Off!

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Think I know where the source comes from. If so, Bennett is a second option to f*** Face's first choice of Spurs prospect Townsend.

Either way, Pardew can shove his Thunderbirds head up his gaping arsehole!

Edit: usually very reliable source btw!

Last edited:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Would be disappointing to see him leave. But at least (hopefully) we are not desperate for cash and it should take an offer in excess of £500,000 to see him depart.

Assuming this is not another cock and :moo: fantasy.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Would be disappointing to see him leave. But at least (hopefully) we are not desperate for cash and it should take an offer in excess of £500,000 to see him depart.

Assuming this is not another cock and :moo: fantasy.

500 grand!? I think we'd want more than that...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here