Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Is that comment from Linekar correct? We've missed 144 chances in recent weeks?
If that's legit, that is appalling.

Incorrect. Before today we’d had 265 chances in total all season.

1B05FD1E-4028-41E0-BF44-2826FF9F819E.png

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Can somebody PM today’s scapegoat just before the final whistle please.

So far we've got Burn, Gross, Trossard and Dunk (despite his goal). Also outside options of Lallana, Welbeck and Bissouma. Take your pick.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
I wonder what the reaction of the players would be if Potter ripped into them. Fair or not, it would be interesting. Absolutely rip into Gross and see what happens. Whatever they have been saying at half time has not worked so try something else.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
‘What do they do in training every week?’

Guess what, finishing in training is a piece of piss, makes no difference to a players ability to score in a real match situation, why do people insist on blaming Potter for our players being low on confidence and unable to hit a barn door?

Missing chances = lack of confidence
Lack of confidence = more likely to miss chances

Circle of doom we are stuck in with our finishing unfortunately.

What a lot of tosh! So practice doesn’t improve you? Why bother training with a ball at all? No real point in having coaches either as they can’t effect the players.
It is a confidence thing and the manager, ultimately, is responsible for the team and the results so needs find the right combinations to get the confidence back!

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Dour and unspectacular affair so far. We have gone to sleep in the second half in a few games this season and let winning positions slip. Even though we're not actually winning atm but you get my drift hopefully. Saints are pretty ordinary and the chances of stealing an ugly win are quite possible.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Pretty even first half but you can’t help but feel that Saints have another goal in them. We need to up the temp second half. Possibly McAllister on the left, Trossard to the right and Gross off.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I wish people would just stop quoting Albion Dan, having to read and then re read that absolute drivel is worse than watching us miss chance after chance after chance. You can’t argue with him, if you told him that water is wet he’d find a way to argue about it, and probably blame Potter.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
So second half predictions? I'm guessing Southampton change their tactics, gain control and score. THEN we will change something.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Tight game, draw reflective and we have scored.

Reserving judgement pending the AJ sub at 83 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Run out of game comments and now moving on to a job advert for Mark Hughes :lolol:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What a lot of tosh! So practice doesn’t improve you? Why bother training with a ball at all? No real point in having coaches either as they can’t effect the players.
It is a confidence thing and the manager, ultimately, is responsible for the team and the results so needs find the right combinations to get the confidence back!

Of course it does - nonsense to suggest otherwise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here